Fordmods Logo

FS [VIC]: HID kits GrpBuy pt.2 

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:42 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

VIC, Australia

Hey mate, do you have any pictures of the 6000k in an ef/el?

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

timmay_73 wrote:
Hey mate, do you have any pictures of the 6000k in an ef/el?

Hey mate, sorry no pictures, basically the top picture of my fairlane, it will look similar to that, but without the blue (more of a crystal white)
Cheers
- Ash

Sucessful trades with Schmee, Braidy, Niko, The_Ghost, YBHVE4, Stalker

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

GTFORDMAN wrote:
Hybrid34 wrote:
GTFORDMAN wrote:
Hybrid34 wrote:
GTFORDMAN wrote:
im only concerned about high beam atm what wattage are we looking at?

The HID kits are a 35W...even though that seems significantly lower than your standard 55watt Halogen, their alot brighter ( a huge difference)

you couldnt get anything with a bit more "punch" then that could you?

is there a pair of H2's could you get so i can convert some drivng lights?

Honestly 35watt HIDs are significantly brighter than 100watt Halogens, you'll get alot more 'punch' outta HID lights and ur standard Halogens, in saying this i can get in 55watt HID's but I wouldn't recommend them because they would be way to bright
Cheers
- Ash

i do a helluva lot of hway and country driving at night mate, and trying to spot roo's and other wildlife at 120 is not much fun, so count me in if you can get: *55w H2 HID's* cheers :)

I can deff order 55watt HIDs for you but they will cost $18AUS more (thus $178 as their a more powerful globe), as for the bulb type are you sure they are H2? I don't think that bulb exists..here are the bulb types:

H1,h3,h3c,h4,h7,h8,h9,h10,h11,h13,9004,9005,9006,9007,880,d1r,d1s,d1c,d2r,d2s,d2c,d4r,d4s,d4c,1 claw,3 claw

Cheers
- Ash

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF XR8 & 2002 GSXR-1000

WA, Australia

Forgive my ignorance, but what would be required for an EF XR twin headlight setup?

It isn't just a case of swapping globes either, is it? If not, what else needs to be changed?

Lastly, how much for postage to Perth?

Cheers
Damon

The fast fun: Suzuki GSXR1000
The one I use when I can't use the fast fun: Blown EF XR8

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 EL Falcon - Last of the EL's

NSW, Australia

Hybrid34 wrote:
GTFORDMAN wrote:
Hybrid34 wrote:
GTFORDMAN wrote:
Hybrid34 wrote:
GTFORDMAN wrote:

The HID kits are a 35W...even though that seems significantly lower than your standard 55watt Halogen, their alot brighter ( a huge difference)

Honestly 35watt HIDs are significantly brighter than 100watt Halogens, you'll get alot more 'punch' outta HID lights and ur standard Halogens, in saying this i can get in 55watt HID's but I wouldn't recommend them because they would be way to bright
Cheers
- Ash

i do a helluva lot of hway and country driving at night mate, and trying to spot roo's and other wildlife at 120 is not much fun, so count me in if you can get: *55w H2 HID's* cheers :)

I can deff order 55watt HIDs for you but they will cost $18AUS more (thus $178 as their a more powerful globe), as for the bulb type are you sure they are H2? I don't think that bulb exists..here are the bulb types:

H1,h3,h3c,h4,h7,h8,h9,h10,h11,h13,9004,9005,9006,9007,880,d1r,d1s,d1c,d2r,d2s,d2c,d4r,d4s,d4c,1 claw,3 claw

Cheers
- Ash

no worries with the extra mate, id rather pay a bit more for a better high beam then pay for a new front end after smacking a roo :lol:

btw the driving lights im converting are H3 not H2 sorry about that.

why are women like clouds? eventually they f**k off and its a really nice day.

telling the truth is just lack of imagination

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

GTFORDMAN wrote:
Hybrid34 wrote:
GTFORDMAN wrote:
Hybrid34 wrote:
GTFORDMAN wrote:
Hybrid34 wrote:
GTFORDMAN wrote:

Cheers
- Ash

Cheers
- Ash

no worries with the extra mate, id rather pay a bit more for a better high beam then pay for a new front end after smacking a roo :lol:

btw the driving lights im converting are H3 not H2 sorry about that.

Yeah thats fairenough, It gets a bit hairy out there driving inthe country at night (i've had a few close ones)

Kilma wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but what would be required for an EF XR twin headlight setup?

It isn't just a case of swapping globes either, is it? If not, what else needs to be changed?

Lastly, how much for postage to Perth?

Cheers
Damon

Hi there,
THere are two ways of doing this.
One - Have a singlebeam kit only, thus just your lowbeams will be HID.
Two- Buy two singlebeam kits, for your inners and outers (Highbeam and Lowbeam Repectivly) but honestly don't think its worth it unless you use your highbeams heaps (country driving etc), but you'll find you won't get an instant flash of light if you needed to quickly highbeam someone as it takes a second or so to heat up.

As for installing these kits its basically all plug and play, replacing your exisitng globes for the HID's, mounting the ballasts, connecting the wires and bobs your uncle.. as for postage for perth ill need your postcode for an approx postage cost.
Cheers
- Ash

Post subject: Re: FS [VIC]: HID kits GrpBuy pt.2
Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

sorry for some thread mining but is this still going ahead? i never got a pm.

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:29 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: falcon el

QLD, Australia

What brand are these HID's and can we get 55w

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:47 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Hello,

Are these street legal? I've read in books they aren't... Apparently need to be installed in a projector lens to be legal?

Although seeing as my ED is very low... my high beams are up the creek in terms of brightness... Maybe wouldn't mind some replacements for my highs... H1 55W not sure on colour... what's best at night? 6000k or 8000k? Want the clearest light I can... so nothing too blue...

So $178 on these too? plus how much to NSW 2705?

If these are legal... maybe at a later date might consider some h4 high low replacements...

One other thing... As you have some installed... I've heard these don't get as hot? Sound true? apparently 110/90 halogens and that can melt acrylic head lights... (although my ED does have glass ones)... Just curious as just putting my hand in front of my 90/110's the light coming out is very hot...

Thanks,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

timmytimtim wrote:
Hello,

Are these street legal? I've read in books they aren't... Apparently need to be installed in a projector lens to be legal?

Although seeing as my ED is very low... my high beams are up the creek in terms of brightness... Maybe wouldn't mind some replacements for my highs... H1 55W not sure on colour... what's best at night? 6000k or 8000k? Want the clearest light I can... so nothing too blue...

So $178 on these too? plus how much to NSW 2705?

If these are legal... maybe at a later date might consider some h4 high low replacements...

One other thing... As you have some installed... I've heard these don't get as hot? Sound true? apparently 110/90 halogens and that can melt acrylic head lights... (although my ED does have glass ones)... Just curious as just putting my hand in front of my 90/110's the light coming out is very hot...

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Guys,
Sorry I havn't been on here for ages,
the group order is on hold as quite a few people have backed out due to the crisis (people can't afford to buy, other commitments etc) Also as we know the Aussie dollar is not very good at the moment so im holding back, as it will be a bit more expensive (as the company uses the US dollar).

Tim to answer your questions:
At the start of the thread I said that they are illegal (not road worthy) even though many people still have them on, like having a car to loud, or exhaust to loud. reason as its glare to oncoming traffic. People who fit these lights tend to adjust their lights down a bit to reframe from blinding oncoming traffic.
To make them legal you need to have stabilizing rigs (to adjust the angle of the projected beam) and water jets. Even still, alot of people still have them.

If you ed is just a standard ed (not Xr6/8) then you'' have H4's as Lows and H1's for highbeam.
To get the best light (brightest) would be the 6000k or 4300k pure white not blue at all. the Darker blue you go you'll loose distance (not to say its impossible to see as i run 8000k and i can see fine).

As for heat temp yes they run ALOT cooler than ur standard halogen filament. 100watt Halogens can melt Acrylic headlights and HID would be th ebest way to go in terms for temperature range.
HID's work a dream with Projector headlights, but are also very bright on standard lights.

Hope this answers your questions

- Ash

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

no worries, shoot me a pm when your ready to go.

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:38 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Ash...

Well now i do have an xr front just getting the grill painted... :) can't wait to have it one...

They are H1 and H3 bulbs...

The H1 have projector looking lenses and the H3 are reflector... I would sooner them in the H3 for country driving... However heard that with them in high beam flicking them on and off more than 3 times an hour ruins them? I did read somewhere?

So not entirely sure as yet... When its going ahead and i have sorted out where i want them first off i'll deff try out a set i think... :)

thanks...

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

heya mate, the Aussie dollar is up and the stimulus package is doing the rounds, want to try again with the group buy?

as i said im in with H3 55w 4300k :)

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, Yeah the aussie dollar is getting alot better, and the stimulus package should be good.
I'll get back to you guys soon after a find out more.
Cheers
- Ash

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2