Fordmods Logo

FS [QLD]: Ported EB XR6 head, matching cam+valve springs+rocker cover 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Ported EB XR6 head, matching cam+valve springs+rocker cover
Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:49 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

I got this head ported by Gilberts on the gold coast a few years back and put it on my car, made a solid hitorque tuned 370rwhp on 10psi with a crap helicopter turbo.

I had a valve guide issue which I think was rocker gear related and took it off the car to get reco'd and never bothered putting it back on because I was planning on building a sick bottom end to make it worthwhile. I no longer need it because I'm buying a different engine to build instead...

It cost me $1350 originally for the porting, an other $300 or so for a set of new guides and re-lapped valves etc. The cam was about $220 or $240 I think, and the valve springs were possibly $300? I don't remember. The rocker cover has a few scratches but is in bloody good condition for its age I reckon. Will separate if the interest is there.

Valve springs are Crow, 110lb on the seat and 330lb 'over the nose' IIRC and come with hardened collets and retainers to match. I took the valves out for the pics, obviously the head comes with valves and springs assembled.

I think $1000pp is a fair price given it has cost me almost twice that and it hasn't been fitted to a car since it was reco'd, so it is in immaculate condition and ready to go, it will work well on an N/A or turbo motor, but you will need a computer/chip either way, the cam is too big for a stock comp to handle.

More pics are at http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p148 ... itre/sale/ if you want to look. Actually there are a few things in that album that are also for sale, let me know if you are interested in anything there and I'll give you a price.

ED Falcon Turbo 6. 400+rwhp, 6 speed, lockright, twin plate. Not fast enough.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]