Fordmods Logo

QLD: XE UTE project for slae 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: QLD: XE UTE project for slae
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Hello Guys,
Well after much time of total denial I have finally admitted I will never find the time to finish of this project. Time to buy a house. Well heres some details, there will be much I have forgotten.

*1982 XE S pak Utility
*XG 4.0 Litre Motor Sitting in car with full EF front conversion. Has AU rocker cover, new welsh plugs, water pump, tensioner pulley, new Sump, Chain Tensioners, Seals, Cleaned up and Painted Black.
*EF 4 speed Auto and Allloy Wagon Tail Shaft, fitted with front and rear seals.
*EF Computer and XG Manual Computer Included
*Wild Cat Extractors
*ZJ Fairlane Diff FULLY reconditioned with 3.45 Gears and new centre and axle bearings, recoed calipers. This hasnt been used.
*Polyurethane Bushes Throughout, Saddles, upper arms, etc
*Power Steering Box with the Bearing conversion on end instead of Bushing, new pitman arm, Power steer lines off XG and factory oil cooler.
*Has a Heavy Duty Sway bar 24mm, also have XG stock sway bay. Was going to space down HD one to clear sump.
*Reconditioned Front Calipers with new hoses.
*Full XH Dashboard cleaned up ready to fit.
*XG fuel tank with wiring harness to suit from cab to tail lights and all the fuel lines etc.
*XG Steering Column with steering wheel and keys and Door Locks to suit.
*Have fitted a ZJ Fairlane Booster.(The much bigger unit)
*Has two oil coolers mounted properly on the front of the air con condensor, NOT screwed through it.
*Spare tailgate and fuel tank cover and XG tinted rear window, Bumperettes
*Hayman Reese Heavy Duty Towbar 2300 kg
*Good Roadworthy Tyres with Stock S pack Wheels and nuts etc, was going to fit nicer wheels.
*Recently replaced windscreen
*New Tuff Tonnau
*Very clean interior because when I got it I totally stripped the interior and cleaned everything. The door trims are in great condition and I have fitted Black kick panels and sill trims. Sheepskin Seat covers.

The Body
Its in pretty good condition but does need some repairs. The tailgate is properly dinted but not rusty, I have a spare straight one. There are reconditioned door hinges included. The passenger door needs some repairs to the hinge mounts but absolutely no rust in it. Has a little scrape on the end of the left rear quarter. Paint Is tidy pretty tidy and would be OK to drive with for a while. Bumper has lower lip, bumper is loosly fitted due to engine conversion.

The Engine is bolted in the car and the transmission mount is bolted up to a modified mount that needs some braces welded on to finish it. It has had the XG fan removed and the complete EF engine front fitted so it has the serpentine belt fitted. I have all the engine/ gearbox wiring and the broadband manifold. I have an EF front harness I was going to modify to fit the XE. I was also going to use the EF coil pack and distributor which is included. I did an awful lot of trips to wrecking yards and I saved as many bolts, screws as I could.

This is not running as it needs work to finish. I was going to use it to tow my race car. It has V8 1" lowered springs at stock height with a six, If you want lowered I have a set of Lovells I will exchange if you pull out the V8 springs.

This is a clean car for its age. This is the reason I bought it. When I bought it I had the use of a space to work on it. I now live in a unit with no where to work on it. Its been stored under cover in a garage. I would dearly love to finish this car but I am working all the time to save for house. I will kick myself after buy a house.

I would like $1500 with all the parts and spares.

Corey
Will try to add pictures.
Can Email Pictures .
http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww18 ... XEute3.jpg

Post subject: Re: QLD: XE UTE project for slae
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 2021 Amarok V6

SA, Australia

looks like a nice clean ute you have there. id snap it up but im a bit far away :(

2021 V6 Manual Amarok - 245kw/750nm - many goodies
1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 4.0 - Heritage Green & Cappa
2010 Suzuki GSX650F - when I want to be silly

Post subject: Re: QLD: XE UTE project for slae
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:06 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Hi
Well theres always transport companies if you need to move it. Though it would be a job fitting all the spares in it as well.
Corey

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]