Fordmods Logo

*SOLD* FS: Fairlane Sportsman *SOLD* 

Page 2 of 3 [ 31 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Red Book is a useless POS which is VERY inaccurate in most cases IMHO.
No wat am I dreaming with the price Im asking, its got perfect panels, and when i say perfect i am fkn picky in how i keep my cars, perfect!
It drives awesome, i know its not fast, but that has nothing to do with it, it handles/brakes/sits on the road like a dream, as my dad says 500x better then brand new, so dont try n tell me it will driove like a POS cos its done over 100,000kms!
It needs no work ok, MOST cars you buy s/h need something done, id like to see how many truely dont need anything, ive done everything from tyres, to zorst, to paint to brakes to interior since iva had it and its as new.
When its cleaned up it scould seriously sit in a fkn showroom!
To be honest I think your dreamin; we all know if we want the bargain we would go to an auction or look out for the perfect car for no matter how it took, as i did with my fbt, i knew what i wanted and i went out to find it, interstate even ffs!
Sorry, but your comments really s**t me considering you dont know the car, nor me to say you dont know how it was up-kept! (where the stick ya finger up emotion lol)

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NT, Australia

Snow_white wrote:
Does the word immaculate mean anything to you or the red book?
Long rego and sunroof also add to that price and other mods. :lol:
You shouldn't judge a car by using an evaluator which uses statistics, the only way to do it is to see it in the flesh and drive it.

Well I have bought and sold a few cars, motorcycles and trucks, what about yourself?
The point I was trying to make is that the car was, and probably still is...overpriced. The fact that it has dropped around three thousand dollars proves to me that the owner has awakened to that fact as well. There is a nice low k 1998 V8 fairlane ghia for the same price on trading post up here in the N.T. That one I have looked at sat in the leather and been for a run in, sweet little Windsor.
Northern Territory/ford/used cars ......you will work it out
http://www.autotrader.com.au

Don't know where we're going,
no use being late

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

My orig price was a listed price, i dont expect 16k lol, it was listed so i had lots of room to neg as everyone i spoke to wanted to neg heaps before i even mentioned what i was asking before i advertised!
Selling this car for your red book price of 6-8k is fkn rediculous, as i said if people want a bargain there out there to be had, this is a good honest car at resonable price!
Also In qld nt and darwin cars are fkn cheap as!
Ive seen 2 other sportsmans forsale in melb, 175000 and 200,000 go for 15k and 12k, i dont see why mine is SO AWEFULLY OVERPRICED considering condition and options blow the other two out of the water.

How stupid u think i am, i been looking at buying the similar cars for the past 4 years, i always watch its value andyou think i dunno what they are worth, i doubt there are any other people on this forums that know more or as much as me about fairlanes and their value, feature, specs other than the usual fairlane enthusiast members who know im not asking too much for my car.
144000kms isnt a lot for an i6 either, its never had a head gasket go, the coolant tank is NOT black or even slightly rusted like everyother one around and is still orig.
Most people who sell their cars will clean their car nicely once for the sale n say its been cleaned n looked after so well all its life, which most people will know is s**t, its easy to tell when you look into it at detail, whereas my car has been all its life, i dare you do find dust/paint chips even in the door arms/hinges ffs!

Quite frankly if you dont have anything helpful to contribute, get out of this thread as im trying to sell a worthy vehicle, not exploit your stereo typical views!

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:32 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Calais

VIC, Australia

Pffft dont worry about this bloke Daniel. Ive seen plenty of bucket fairlanes go for over 13k and your one is tip top so its worth more than them. 13k is a very reasonable price... but like ive experienced when u post stuff up for sale on forums theres always some tyre kicker telling u its too expensive. If u think its too expensive dont buy it dont sit there whinge like a Biatch.

Black VZ Calais, 5.7Ltr

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: KH Verada Xi

VIC, Australia

13-14k is a much mroe reasonable price for your car mate. Hopefully you can sell her, but if not, my offer is always there :P

I'm built for luxury, Not speed!

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:03 pm 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

Doghead wrote:
The point I was trying to make is that the car was, and probably still is...overpriced. The fact that it has dropped around three thousand dollars proves to me that the owner has awakened to that fact as well. There is a nice low k 1998 V8 fairlane ghia for the same price on trading post up here in the N.T. That one I have looked at sat in the leather and been for a run in, sweet little Windsor.
Northern Territory/ford/used cars ......you will work it out
http://www.autotrader.com.au

Mate - I don't care what you have bought and sold - it is irrelevant...until you have seen the car in the flesh can you make such judgements. I can vouch for this car, as I have seen it in the flesh...Daniel is VERY fastidious when it comes to his cars...they are honestly like showroom condition...and I don't say that very often about many cars I know about.

You have to compare apples with apples...not repo'd cars from auctions and the like. If someone was legitimately interested in Daniel's NFII...I'm sure price would be negotiable...but to lay into him regarding price straight up without having seen the car is a bit silly on your part.

Please keep this thread on topic - any interested parties can contact Daniel from the carsales ad as well as PM on these boards.

Kind Regards,
Steve

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:39 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: NF Fairlane [BLUBEL]

VIC, Australia

IMO it's worth every cent, and actually expected a bit more for it!! :lol:

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 BA Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Mate, if it was any colour other than black i'd be seriously interested. with these 40 + degree summers, id have to be mad to own a black car here. Would you consider doing a full bare metal respray for me??

Regards,
Punnisher_42

Favorite Quotes:
"Sportwagon = homo-erotic wank-fest." - downingj

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

wtf, its niether black or burgandy!? :lol:
Its heritage green and yes its a darker colour - look awesome but gets hot just like any other car!
Not that it matters, it has a top notch climate control with aircon and has sunroof to vent hot air our, seriously takes under 2 min to cool it down lol :P

Im not gonna push it, if you dont want a dark coloured car then thats your decision, ive gone to red yet it gets just as hot for me now, and we still havnt had any 30+deg days.

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:23 am 

VIC, Australia

Punnisher_42 wrote:
Mate, if it was any colour other than black i'd be seriously interested. with these 40 + degree summers, id have to be mad to own a black car here. Would you consider doing a full bare metal respray for me??

Yep sure no problems...meet Daniel down here in Vic and he'll have it resprayed all in Dynamic White for you mate :lol:

Vic Cruises & Events

Post subject: FS: Fairlane Sportsman *13,990*
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:56 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

:D Hi Daniel. All I can say mate is if I had the money I would most certainly be on the plane down to Victoria and drive it back to NSW. The car looks to be in marvelous condition and just looks great.

Oh well I will just have to keep fantisizing !! :oops:

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:41 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: NL Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Daniel you d**k! Why didn't you drop the price a month ago :P :lol:

I paid $10,500 for mine, but with all the things I wanna do to it, the extra money is easily justified.

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Did you enquire about it?
I was asking more, but would have accepted 15k, now down to 14k..
I wont be going lower then 14k no matter who buys it, its a good car with all the options and mods most people would want!

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Dont mean this to sound like a sales pitch guys, but ive gone around n looked at similar and higher priced nf/nl's for sale at dealers and over the net, i can honestly say that i am yet to find one that offers same or better condition for a BETTER price - there is *usually* a reason some cars are sold for a bit more, its due to the effort/care that has gone into the car with its prior owner/owners.
The car has been in my family since new as stated and what else can i say, its never had any mech. problems or shown any sign or stress throughout the car.

As ive stated the price isnt amazing, but thats coz its not a clapped out HIGH km POS thats covered in dents/scratches from shopping trolleys, its got everthing new on it that is servicable and is also of excelent condition, if you feel the price is too high, keep looking and might i sugget the auctions or a small car yard that might have one with lots of little gremlin probs that they're trying to "offload" instead of sell.

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:58 am 

VIC, Australia

Cleaned up thread a bit.

jordofieldo - apologies for the misunderstanding.

Vic Cruises & Events

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next