Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ED 5 Speed GLiXR

QLD, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
i wonder what the power potentianl is of the 5.4..... in NA and boosted

Chances are he might find out when the bigger "alternator" comes if he decides to get it. :lol:

17" Tezza Steelies, King F**king lows, pedders sports ryders, 2.5" cat back exhaust, pacemaker extractors, T5 manual
Low, loud and Slow

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:59 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

TwinturboBMX wrote:
Disco Frank wrote:
i wonder what the power potentianl is of the 5.4..... in NA and boosted

Chances are he might find out when the bigger "alternator" comes if he decides to get it. :lol:

hahah awesome!

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Pitty it'll start getting expensive when you want to start playing with the engines. I mean to replace all 4 cams and that is going to cost a pretty penny, think I read somewhere Crows cost $1,600.00 for the cams. Should be worth it but!

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

NSW, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Pitty it'll start getting expensive when you want to start playing with the engines. I mean to replace all 4 cams and that is going to cost a pretty penny, think I read somewhere Crows cost $1,600.00 for the cams. Should be worth it but!

The standard cams have been proven to be good enough to make 468kw at the treads!!!, as are the rest of the internals.
But if you were gonna change the cams, it would be better to have tthe originals custom ground to suit the application, eg blown, torque,high rpm durations etc. and usually 1/2 the price
I am currently looking at the SVT cobra centre mount "alternator" if i'm gonna do it, simply cos of the cost efficiency, $1000 for the blower, $300 for a gilmor drive kit, and $400 for bigger injecyors IF required, then $400 for a couple of hours on the rollers to get it all in sequence! 400kw
maybe upgrade the oil and fuel pump too as usual
why would you play with a windsor ever again!

IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

kenny wrote:
twr7cx wrote:

The standard cams have been proven to be good enough to make 468kw at the treads!!!, as are the rest of the internals.
But if you were gonna change the cams, it would be better to have tthe originals custom ground to suit the application, eg blown, torque,high rpm durations etc. and usually 1/2 the price
I am currently looking at the SVT cobra centre mount "alternator" if i'm gonna do it, simply cos of the cost efficiency, $1000 for the blower, $300 for a gilmor drive kit, and $400 for bigger injecyors IF required, then $400 for a couple of hours on the rollers to get it all in sequence! 400kw
maybe upgrade the oil and fuel pump too as usual
why would you play with a windsor ever again!

Didn't relise you were planning on forcing it.
What gearbox is in it? I presume T56 (and if I remember right the 6 speed cam out in the Mark II), as I wouldn't have thought the T5 even with a new clutch would be very happy. Any idea how much the T56 can handle?
What clutch are you going to fit? Personally I'm a rather big fan of the Excedy range. I know they've got a few for the XR6T, so I'd asume they havn't forgotten about the XR8...

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

NSW, Australia

I posted a topic last week about what clutch too use, but didn't get any response.
It does have the 6 speed, and as far as power handling capacity, they are "apparently" able to handle in exess of 400kw as stock, then all that needs to be upgraded is the input shaft bearing, and better syncro's, but most importantly the tollerances must be all to spec, by "blueprinting" the box.
any opinions on clutches from experience are most welcome , as the time draws near!

IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BF XR8

NT, Australia

If it breaks replace it thats my way of thinking till then drive hard

2006 BF XR8 VORTECH @ 6psi w/m injec 350rkws

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

NSW, Australia

Fordpwr wrote:
If it breaks replace it thats my way of thinking till then drive hard

lol judging by the stories of kenny's driving, that is his mentality, what he wants to know is what to replace it with when it does break :D

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:23 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: BA Pursuit

VIC, Australia

kenny wrote:
I posted a topic last week about what clutch too use, but didn't get any response.
It does have the 6 speed, and as far as power handling capacity, they are "apparently" able to handle in exess of 400kw as stock, then all that needs to be upgraded is the input shaft bearing, and better syncro's, but most importantly the tollerances must be all to spec, by "blueprinting" the box.
any opinions on clutches from experience are most welcome , as the time draws near!

Your rear half shafts will break before your gear box, they are the weakest part in the driveline.

BA Pursuit 11.84@117 Stock Internals

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2