Fordmods Logo

ba xr6 turbo times?? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T

brendan thomas wrote:
mine aint stock anymore.. i got a cooler n exhaust...

how big is the exhaust?? and do u have any form of tuning such as a piggy back chip or edit?? u should run a 14 depending on whether its auto or manual, the auto is a little quicker down the 1/4...

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ba xr6 turbo

VIC, Australia

Mr Man wrote:
brendan thomas wrote:

how big is the exhaust?? and do u have any form of tuning such as a piggy back chip or edit?? u should run a 14 depending on whether its auto or manual, the auto is a little quicker down the 1/4...

my exhaust is a single 3" from the turbo (dump is 4")
it manual.. n i know how to drive a manual.. so it easy for me to keep up with any person in an auto.. meaning that if we both had the same power.. it woudlnt be cause his in an auto that he would beat me.. if ya know how to use the gears right its easy to keep up with any auto... also nah aint got nay custom tume or piggy back yet,... what ya recomend??

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

brendan thomas wrote:
Mr Man wrote:
brendan thomas wrote:

my exhaust is a single 3" from the turbo (dump is 4")
it manual.. n i know how to drive a manual.. so it easy for me to keep up with any person in an auto.. meaning that if we both had the same power.. it woudlnt be cause his in an auto that he would beat me.. if ya know how to use the gears right its easy to keep up with any auto... also nah aint got nay custom tume or piggy back yet... what ya recomend??

I am no way mocking your ability to drive a manual but the xr6 Turbo manuals are just not as fast down the 1/4 mile as the autos, if you log onto www.fordxr6turbo.com and have a look around there it will give u an idea on what power people are running and 1/4 mile times that produces. (is yours a 5 or 6 speed manual??)
With the mods u have listed and the fact that u say u can drive a manual i reckon u should be able to manage high 13's (13.7 at a guess) as the exhaust wont make a huge difference as the standard exhaust is good for 330odd rwkw if u put in a 3.5' cat or bigger...
As for what i reccommend, an edit will give u best bang for your buck and has the ability to switch between 3 different tunes (can be custom tuned for around the $500 mark depending on who u get to tune it) and can even load your factory tune back in if required..

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 35 images

Ride: xy fairmont

WA, Australia

hhhhmmmm auto versous manual in a drag race well i no witch won ide be backing... one has a clutch that slips and r0obs tourque and the other has a tourque multiplier, self explanitory isnt it.

If you have it under control then you dont have enough power..
There is no replacement for Displacment..

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

brendan, fnp just ran a 13.8 in a stock xr6.. u should be quicker then that.

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:15 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: BA Pursuit

VIC, Australia

Joel from G&D ran his stock BF XR6T Auto at Heathcote a week ago and ran a 13.8.

BA Pursuit 11.84@117 Stock Internals

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ba xr6 turbo

VIC, Australia

mr man nah wasnt saying you where mate.. just saying i believe that if you can drive a manual at its full power.. it will keep up with the autos.. mind u.. usually the auto will get the jump at take off... also i only have the s**t T5 gear box... if i had the 6 speed i think that could make a good differance to the 1/4mile time.... i really need to get ,my a** into gear n just run it.. that will show me.. but 1, i dont want to run down there with my 19's on it cause the tyres cost to blody much.,.. and i want slicks.. so i get the best of the best that the car can get.. so its also a money thing too... ill be happy to hit the 13s mark... if i beat 14 ill be happy.... i do need to tune... but there like $1500 with 3 custome tunes around here in melbourne and at the moment i dont have that money.. butstill looking at it

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

no worries mate, just didnt want u to think i was having a go at your driving skills :) if u like i can give u the number of a bloke i know that does edit tunes in melb, i dont think he charges as much as $1500 but it never hurts to ring and ask i spose... throw me a pm if u keen.. u should have no probs doin a high 13 sec pass either, when u do hit the strip let us know the results mate. :D

Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: The DEVEL XR6

WA, Australia

brendan thomas wrote:
mr man nah wasnt saying you where mate.. just saying i believe that if you can drive a manual at its full power.. it will keep up with the autos.. mind u.. usually the auto will get the jump at take off... also i only have the s**t T5 gear box... if i had the 6 speed i think that could make a good differance to the 1/4mile time.... i really need to get ,my a** into gear n just run it.. that will show me.. but 1, i dont want to run down there with my 19's on it cause the tyres cost to blody much.,.. and i want slicks.. so i get the best of the best that the car can get.. so its also a money thing too... ill be happy to hit the 13s mark... if i beat 14 ill be happy.... i do need to tune... but there like $1500 with 3 custome tunes around here in melbourne and at the moment i dont have that money.. butstill looking at it

Hey Brendan,

Sorry to hear that you're not entirely happy with your XR6T, and I know it's definitely NOT down to your driving skills ...as I have the vids of you hauling serious a** in my EL XR6!

May I SUGGEST the following solution:
1. Pull all the go-fast bits & rims off your XR6T and sell it,
2. Buy MY 2003 Mercury Silver 4-spd Auto BA XR6T for $25,000 ('cos that's what I owe FRAUD credit)

I think we all agree that the T5 manual is weaker than the Auto for power mods, so you will be in a better position with my Auto.

I've found some talented Ford tuners here in WA (BPT Motorsport, Barry & Terry Batten).

$1300 will get you a 245 rwkw generic BPT CAPA tune, and for $2600 they can get you hauling at 350+ rwkw ...all on the stock Auto!

Barry was telling me that TOO many so-called Ford tuners out there tune the XR6T's so that boost comes on in a huge rush ...thus destroying gearboxes etc.

Barry tunes 'em so that boost comes on smoothly, and in the right rev powerband, hence why they guarantee that their tunes will see you making serious power ...without any destruction!

I would be prepared to organise a BPT tune before sending my XR6T across to ya ...at your expense unfortunately, but something to think about. :wink:

You could think this is all s**t mate, haha ...it's just a suggestion. :wink:

BTW, the EL XR6 is still going awesome (check my gallery), ...we're going to the drags next WED!

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.
QUARTER MILE PB: currently 14.590 @ 96.00 mph ...BOOST AHEAD!!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2