Bathurst 12 hour Feb 4 - 6 2011 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Bathurst 12 hour Feb 4 - 6 2011
Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:49 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

Well all, the Bathurst 12Hr is on again this year, Feb 4 to 6. Race day is sunday obviously, I am looking at heading out for race day as I have to work friday/saturday. Looks to be a damn good line up this year with GT3 outright classes returning. that means Audi R8 LM's and Ferrari's, Moslers and Porsche GT3 R. Along with the other prod sport stuff, Corvettes, XR8's. STI's and what not.

Looks like this is gonna be a pretty good year for Aust motorsport if the season starts off this way.

Some pretty serious cars in the country that are not V8 super-tin top-taxis. With the media saturation V8 get, its important to remember there is some real good motorsport out there that needs your support. This event is accessable, alot less crowded than any V8 meet and the field is massively varied with 3 catagories on the circuit at once! Makes for some awesome viewing and very interesting racing.

Some big names in the line ups too, various international drivers and Aussie drivers, from various catagories, V8, Utes, prod sports and the likes.

Any interest in attending something like this? I know I am going.

Dave

I have a car.

Post subject: Re: Bathurst 12 hour Feb 4 - 6 2011
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF GT, EL Xr, Xp mont, 4runner

Power: 137 rwkw

NSW, Australia

would be alright but got no time to get out there. Honestly rather disapointed with the inclusion of the gt class to what was for the previous few years atleast a $120k capped production car event. Unless JC is thrashing one on top gear, the gt cars really dont do much for me. Probably why alot of the previous entrants are boycotting this years event and focusing on the eastern creek 6hr

84 4runner.......needs boost
El xr6.....needs dohc boost
Xp fairmont......needs boosted 8
Bf GT......cant afford boost no more

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:41 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Power: 137 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Ford was represent by 1 FPV gt that was it, for the event that was production car racing that had xr6's xr8's and Holden only entered a turbo Astra not even clubsports, SS or r8 entered ,hats of to Subaru and Mitsubishi for their entrants, only high tech cars there and if you earn 1 million dollars a day you might afford a Ferrari or Aldi or Lamborghini as your every day driver. Hats off to all the support acts and to the car clubs that made the day at least interesting

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

I saw the highlights on TV, actually pretty good racing, alot better to watch than the 12 hour normally is - I have to say I don't mind at all the Audi's that 1 - 2'd the race, nice looking cars. Kinda funny to watch the supposedly all conquering nissan stuffing up bit by bit - they might be fast when they hang together, but 12 hours must be a big ask for a highly strung datsun...funny to see the guys trying to keep it going saying yeh, we wiped oil off a connector and maybe thats what made it go again - or was it cos we put the computer in the fridge for a while? (I'm serious, thats what they said...)

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]