Fordmods Logo

my ef v mates vs ute 

 

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 886

Joined: 17th Aug 2005

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: VZ SS 6Ltr ute, Honda VFR800

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Sooooo.... Have you raced yet??

 

_________________

My Cars
2006 VZ SS cammed 6Ltr ute 295rwkW
2004 BA XR6T - 290rwkW 12.5@113mph ( SOLD )
1996 EFII Fairmont - 130rwkW 15.5@91mph ( SOLD )

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 5924

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

the commo utes do go harder, but i would still tip the falcon to win, probably by a couple of carlengths.

 

_________________

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: vs vs ef
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 652

Joined: 31st Aug 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 08 BF Ghia

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Dont keep us all in suspense for this long RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 172

Joined: 12th Apr 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

i get so sick of people like 'haHa oMGz...i hav beaTeD n3W hSv'S iN mY StoCk Ea 3.2CPI...'

seriously, shut up and get over yourselves...the fact of the matter is...commodores ALWAYS take off the line quicker than their falcon counterparts...and the falcons always catch up a bit in the gearing...

the holden v6 makes more power down low than the falcon i6...the holden auto is geared lower in 1st gear....

just because it's a holden and you're a ford...doesn't mean you'll win!

 

_________________

2002 BA XT: Painted calipers, K&N pod filter, Pioneer head unit, Fusion sub and amp, driving lights, spoiler, 19" rims, twin 2.25" exhaust with quad tips.

Soon to come... Pacemaker Extractors, supercharger.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1001

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Power: 132 rwkw

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

well this topic is going off LOL...


Auto vr sedan will do a mid=high 16 sec pass.

put it this way, If a vy or vz manual ute is having trouble doing a 16 flat (16.5 all night LOL) then I would say you should go alright against it.
how well mechanically is your car running?

My bucket of poo 360 odd thousand kays rapes Gen 3 v8's off the line throught the 60 footer's at the drags, they poo their pants when old grandpappy spec falcon passes them out the traps!

its soon passed tho by the v8's as they pick up momentum.

 

_________________

175.7hp 15.5 @ 374,000km
Team I have two E-Series AND all my teeth.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1001

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Power: 132 rwkw

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Oh and phantom lord, get your hand off it.
take an alloy tech s**t box powered crewman ute for a drive... I'll go ya at the drags with a camry 4 cyl :)

 

_________________

175.7hp 15.5 @ 374,000km
Team I have two E-Series AND all my teeth.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 1063

Joined: 22nd Aug 2006

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: FG XR8, F6 F6 ute, XR5T, Capri

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

falcon autos are quicker off the mark due to weight i presume.

here's 2 vids (N/A days) of me getting the jump on a LS1 and a LS2 ... its not hard to do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HtRGQG1nIY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4OtzdqWOOA
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1001

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Power: 132 rwkw

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

what time did you run there dude. mine is stock apart from the cat back LOL
15.5 from an engine with the rattles and shakes LOL

 

_________________

175.7hp 15.5 @ 374,000km
Team I have two E-Series AND all my teeth.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:09 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 4326

Joined: 30th Oct 2006

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

Location: Grafton
NSW, Australia

PhantomLord wrote:
i get so sick of people like 'haHa oMGz...i hav beaTeD n3W hSv'S iN mY StoCk Ea 3.2CPI...'

seriously, shut up and get over yourselves...the fact of the matter is...commodores ALWAYS take off the line quicker than their falcon counterparts...and the falcons always catch up a bit in the gearing...

the holden v6 makes more power down low than the falcon i6...the holden auto is geared lower in 1st gear....

just because it's a holden and you're a ford...doesn't mean you'll win!


oh for f**k sake. shut up noob you're wrong, v6 makes far less power than the i6 down low, falcons dont always launch slower, if its manual falc vs manual commo the falc is everybit as quick if not quicker off the line. falcs have generally always been heavier as well, which doesnt help with launches.

 

_________________

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:56 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 516

Joined: 27th Oct 2007

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ef xr6 turbo

Location: whyalla
SA, Australia

lol whats a noob

 

_________________

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 5924

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

PhantomLord wrote:
i get so sick of people like 'haHa oMGz...i hav beaTeD n3W hSv'S iN mY StoCk Ea 3.2CPI...'

seriously, shut up and get over yourselves...the fact of the matter is...commodores ALWAYS take off the line quicker than their falcon counterparts...and the falcons always catch up a bit in the gearing...

the holden v6 makes more power down low than the falcon i6...the holden auto is geared lower in 1st gear....

just because it's a holden and you're a ford...doesn't mean you'll win!


maybe you wanna get your facts straight. i will whip a commodore off the line everytime if i do not bake it up off the line.

i had a standard au futura AUTO that would whip any stock v6 commodore auto off the line and also top end.

 

_________________

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 2563

Joined: 19th Feb 2007

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

Location: Lilydale
VIC, Australia

smoke_ wrote:
PhantomLord wrote:
i get so sick of people like 'haHa oMGz...i hav beaTeD n3W hSv'S iN mY StoCk Ea 3.2CPI...'

seriously, shut up and get over yourselves...the fact of the matter is...commodores ALWAYS take off the line quicker than their falcon counterparts...and the falcons always catch up a bit in the gearing...

the holden v6 makes more power down low than the falcon i6...the holden auto is geared lower in 1st gear....

just because it's a holden and you're a ford...doesn't mean you'll win!


maybe you wanna get your facts straight. i will whip a commodore off the line everytime if i do not bake it up off the line.

i had a standard au futura AUTO that would whip any stock v6 commodore auto off the line and also top end.


I 2nd that too

 

_________________

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

samftr wrote:

put it this way, If a vy or vz manual ute is having trouble doing a 16 flat (16.5 all night LOL) then I would say you should go alright against it.
how well mechanically is your car running?

if a manual vy ute is doing 16.5 the driver is s**t... parents auto wagon pulled 16.6's all night... somehow i see a manual ute being faster than a auto s**t wagon

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1001

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Power: 132 rwkw

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

it was gay mitch, gay and slow.
i think you were there and saw it.
full maloo body kit on it.
LOL

 

_________________

175.7hp 15.5 @ 374,000km
Team I have two E-Series AND all my teeth.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 5924

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

what it comes down to is the DRIVER.

 

_________________

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:33 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names