Fordmods Logo

new, what do i need to race? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: new, what do i need to race?
Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

Have a look on youtube - there's a guy called `blownhemi' (Scotty) who has done a series ov video's called 13's for $1300 where he takes a cheapie falc (EL I think it was) and basically guts it and modifies it to run 13's on the cheap - can't remember which forum originally started the idea but there's a heap of other cars on there where people have done the same thing - if you start off with a real cheapie like these guys and it blows up/gets stacked, you're not too much out of pocket..and if it hangs together then it'd be a hellova lot of fun that you could also do burnout comps etc in..

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

ive had a look on the local dragway website (eastern creek) and every Wednesday its open for public to drag, if anyone has been or know more info like cost i would greatly appreciate it as the website says little info and my emailing is down at the moment

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:59 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

winman wrote:
ive had a look on the local dragway website (eastern creek) and every Wednesday its open for public to drag, if anyone has been or know more info like cost i would greatly appreciate it as the website says little info and my emailing is down at the moment

been out there a few times, its $50 to race, you need long sleeve clothing enclosed shoes, a as/nz1698 approved helmet..
your car needs to be road worthy and you need a drivers licence..

Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

thanks :D. im looking at going down once i finish my semester at uni, mainly because at the moment im at uni untill 9pm on Wednesdays. ive got an old trail bike helmet around ill see if that has the rating to be used

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2