Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Sway bars to go with Konis and Lovells
Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Station Wagon.

Power: 150 rwkw

WA, Australia

Sway bars are next on my list, I have lovells sport low springs and are getting Koni yellow shocks, I have been looking at Whiteline non adjustable Front BFF35X 30mm, Rear BFR35 24mm, are the adjustable versions worth it or overkill, any suggestions other than these or are Whiteline as good as I need for light track work.

4.0L EF Fairmont Station Wagon. EL GT Snorkel. K&N Pod in air box. 3" Intake piping.
Home port job. 1636 Wade cam. Wildcat Extractors, 2 1/2" cat and exhaust.
2200/2400rpm Dominator More Stall. Stage two mechanical shift kit. 3.73 4 pinion LSD. 15.078 @ 92mph.

Post subject: Re: Sway bars to go with Konis and Lovells
Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:03 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I have Selby non-adjustable front sway bar (can't remember what size) and it does pretty well...also I was told Whiteline is the same as Selby bars...but not 100% on that.

TBH I don't think adjustable is worth the extra penny, for road use anyway.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Yeah the Whiteline are Selbys, I'm thinking of getting a non adjustable front bar and an adjustable rear bar so I can have some control with under/over steer I think this is how the V8 Supercars are set up but they have a blade adjustable rear bar.

4.0L EF Fairmont Station Wagon. EL GT Snorkel. K&N Pod in air box. 3" Intake piping.
2200/2400rpm Dominator More Stall. Stage two mechanical shift kit. 3.73 4 pinion LSD. 15.078 @ 92mph.

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I have a pedders 30mm front sway bar, made an awesome difference. The car feels very flat around corners and im getting the pedders rear adjustable sway bar also. Will let you know how it goes if you dont get yours first.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I have a feeling that Whiteline stopped making the adjustable rear, only fixed, but you can still get an adjustable front.

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:33 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

i had whitelines 30mm front and adjustable rear in my old ED.
the rear got set once when i installed it (to the stiffest setting) and i never ever touched it again.

the link design seemed a bit iffy to me too, they have a right angle plate that bolts to the factory mounting point so they can use figure 8 type links, but because the right angle plate is only held on with one bolt it can rotate.
on my ED the right angle plates never sat either perfect because the original link mount points aren't perfectly flat and the plates were a tad too big , which compounded the one bolt/rotation issue.
i never really liked it, i'd probably make my own links if i had to do it again.
actually i think cjh found the same thing and did end up making his own links for an adjustable rear bar?

i plan on eventually doing 'bars in the sprint but i'll just get fixed ones this time around, extra cost seems unwarranted seeing as i'll likely do the exact same thing again (set and forget :lol:)

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I have ordered a Whiteline 30mm adjustable front and a 22mm adjustable rear bar $550 delivered but they wont get here until the 10th of October, lucky I'm not in a hurry I've also got a six week wait for the Koni yellows. Gives me plenty of time to fit all the new bushes, brakes, sawp a 3.7 LSD center into a AU diff housing, re-build the T5 and fit the engine, gotta love playing with cars.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]