TAS DRAG DAY - LETS GET IT HAPPENING 

Page 4 of 5 [ 73 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

Rapier wrote:
dunno if anyone is still following this up, im still interested in attending if anyone is gonna do it, im no longer the tas cruise mod i have stepped down, i am under the impression that the position is up for grabs but im not 100% sure on this.

will have to be taken up with the senior mods if anyone is interested i guess.

good luck trying to get this organised i dont think tas has strong enough support on this forum

why have you stepped down??

Downin or however you spell his name tryed to get in contact with the TAS Tickford FPV club dunno if hes got a response, i'll shoot him a PM

there are a few nice ford cruising the streets here, its just a matter of spreading the word

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF 5 Speed, XH Uterus :P

TAS, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
there are a few nice ford cruising the streets here

ohh yeah!

i'll do my part - car's on the road again (yay!) so i'll be advertising on main road when i'm at work ;)

Maloo - Holden's word for ugly.

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

mr_sperm1 wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:

ohh yeah!

i'll do my part - car's on the road again (yay!) so i'll be advertising on main road when i'm at work ;)

why was it off sperm boy?? Or did your coil packs s**t themselves again

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
mr_sperm1 wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:

ohh yeah!

LOL coil packs rule :P nah i've been getting the bodykit and tim's old xr front sprayed up. problem being it's all gone to s**t and it's been on there a whole day! i hate bodyworking...

keep an eye out for it tomorrow - i'm heading up to devonport, might call into launceston for a while if i get bored up there!

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

mr_sperm1 wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:
mr_sperm1 wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:

ohh yeah!

LOL coil packs rule :P nah i've been getting the bodykit and tim's old xr front sprayed up. problem being it's all gone to s**t and it's been on there a whole day! i hate bodyworking...

keep an eye out for it tomorrow - i'm heading up to devonport, might call into launceston for a while if i get bored up there!

lol i don't work in launceston. Did you paint the front yourself?? Don't forget to tell all ur mates about fordmods, even the ones with the sick neonz in your gallery :wink:

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
mr_sperm1 wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:
mr_sperm1 wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:

ohh yeah!

lol i don't work in launceston. Did you paint the front yourself?? Don't forget to tell all ur mates about fordmods, even the ones with the sick neonz in your gallery :wink:

well, watch out! i might be crossing to the darkside.... fairlane boxcar... how shameful of me LOL

well it's gotta be better than the pano anyway! :?

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
there are a few nice ford cruising the streets here, its just a matter of spreading the word

well i did my part in spreading the word - there are some really nice XF's in devonport! called into launceston on the way back down just for the sake of it, saw a real nice red EF!

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

UPDATE:

Still haven't heard back from the dragway rep...

If anyone else is interested in contacting them:

http://www.dragster.com.au/modules/myli ... 149db71216

My plan was / is to get all the info needed, then contact the FPV / Ticky club, armed with the info, generate some interest and get it happening.

Sounds like there are more than 15 who are keen???

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

How about we get some of the TAS Commodores folks and have a Ford Vs Holden day?

Could be fun, but i can imagine things getting a bit hairy after constant flogging from our behalf :wink:

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

oh and... if your really into getting in contact with the drag rep your better off getting on the blower (phone) with 'em

people obviosly don't respond to emails these days :?

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
How about we get some of the TAS Commodores folks and have a Ford Vs Holden day?

Could be fun, but i can imagine things getting a bit hairy after constant flogging from our behalf :wink:

As long as we can get a few hero cars that can seriously kick the a** out of their best contenders :D

I'll nominate mine if you like :wink:

I suppose if we had to do it to make up the numbers, than it's something that could be looked at...

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

downingj wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:

As long as we can get a few hero cars that can seriously kick the a** out of their best contenders :D

I'll nominate mine if you like :wink:

I suppose if we had to do it to make up the numbers, than it's something that could be looked at...

your car is a bit on the girly side :P... we need some tough Boxcars!!

only a thought, i would still prefer to have the day with the ticky-FPV club

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:07 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:

shall i bring the lancer :p

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:58 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 8 images

TAS, Australia

Hey guys just wondering if this was still a possibility. I ran the sport compact meet this year, we had 40-50 cars there, I got 9 passes down the track which is huge for a meet with the best being a 15.02 in my AU XR6.
Now I'm planning on having my purpose built drag car going by the 18th of March which is Tassie Nats which goes for 2 days including a show and shine on the Sunday.This is just my 2 cents worth but I think it would be easier to turn up on on the day of a pre organised round with how ever many people want to go in this, all park together and try and line up a few of these commonwhore boys/girls and have a bit of fun. The days racing will cost $70 which aint too bad considering if ya get caught on the street these days the cheapest fine ya will get is $80 or even ya car confisgated which none of us want.

Cheers Corey

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

corey munday wrote:
Hey guys just wondering if this was still a possibility. I ran the sport compact meet this year, we had 40-50 cars there, I got 9 passes down the track which is huge for a meet with the best being a 15.02 in my AU XR6.
Now I'm planning on having my purpose built drag car going by the 18th of March which is Tassie Nats which goes for 2 days including a show and shine on the Sunday.This is just my 2 cents worth but I think it would be easier to turn up on on the day of a pre organised round with how ever many people want to go in this, all park together and try and line up a few of these commonwhore boys/girls and have a bit of fun. The days racing will cost $70 which aint too bad considering if ya get caught on the street these days the cheapest fine ya will get is $80 or even ya car confisgated which none of us want.

Cheers Corey

That's a s**t idea Corey!

Nah mate, that's actually not a bad one, especially seeing as an all-Ford drag day seems like it's going nowhere.

Didn't realise you got a 15.02! Nice work!

Oh. By the way, I heard you got the pipe for that intercooler for the drag car at a s**t hot price? The bloke who sold it to you must have been pretty cool. Not to mention pretty handsome...

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next