Page 4 of 4 [ 46 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post subject: Hi EL_XR6 Hows progress going, ecu & injectors sorted y
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:08 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BF F6 Rspec, XF Panelvan 460 v8

Power: 367 rwkw

New Zealand

I have got something almost identical to EL_XR6 in my EF, Powerdyne charger 9 PSI pulley, Cam, Extractors, ZORST, and yes 24 Lb injectors, water injection, Vortech FMU, Inline Fuel Pump, I got one of the CAPA piggy back ecu's, it just put the car into limp home mode so i gave up on it. and just have been running it on the factory XR6 EECV ecu.

I had the fuel pressures checked under boost and at idle it looks okay, 50 PSI max 33 minimum. And I have been checking the AF ratio via a Innovate LM1 with wide band O2 sensor. I run 98 octane fuel, and iridium plugs, seems to be mostly ok, only on WOT that I have a little problem , works sweet in the cold of the night ambeint air temp at about 8 C, but at 30 Deg C it detonates at WOT above 4800 rpm.
another small issue with idle... hairy as... and does overfuel occasionally stalling but that is prob my CAM. :)
Car does use twice the fuel it used to but that maybe how much fun I am having too. I wish to get a ECU for it, but the choices seem endless, probably would spend upto $2000 or so on one if I could decide.

Biggest issue I am in NZ and in a remote part of NZ at that, like rocking horse s..t to find someone that can tune it for me or knows anything except for the LINKECU systems, so I need to be able to do it myself, no proper dyno here either so LM1 is it (and road tests) do have access to a rolling road that'll do 130 kw max which will sort out the no boost side but....no good for real on boost power.

Anyway I would be interested in another opinion or 10 as to which way to go, EMS 8860, Autronic SMC, Wolf v500 3d, Microtech LTX12s are my top choices, but only know what I have read, which never seems to be enough... also it's an auto... and want to splice the two ecu's together
Please help.....
:cry:

BF MkII F6 R Spec Typhoon, 6 spd Manual , Conquer blue and loving it...also xf panelvan 460 v8 FG G6ET Interior

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4