Fordmods Logo

4LTR-JET PB:9.1@150MPH!! 

Page 8 of 13 [ 188 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

Post subject: Re: 4LTR-JET with pics of Rajabracing i6 Plenum
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:04 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

You can PM me details of what you want for it and how long it is but as I am in Perth it will end up cheaper to have one built here as it would need to be shortened, balanced and sent over.

So can you tell me the specs of what you currently have in there.

I was just going to get one made out of thicker 3" chrome moly tube with some spicer unis.

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:54 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: FG G6E TURBO

Power: 285 rwkw

VIC, Australia

hey 4ltrjet u sed u run gt3582r turbo
i run same turbo stage 5 manifold and forged motor [auxr6vct]
how much boost/ kw do u run at drags
i am currently runnin 12psi and was told turbo is good for 15 to18psi all day everyday and 25psi at the track
see psitaxi gallery
cheers ps have run a lazy 13.6 @110 mph with a man ,street tyres but will go auto soon and up boost

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

he's not running a 3582 anymore.

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:26 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

PSI Taxi wrote:
hey 4ltrjet u sed u run gt3582r turbo
i run same turbo stage 5 manifold and forged motor [auxr6vct]
how much boost/ kw do u run at drags
i am currently runnin 12psi and was told turbo is good for 15 to18psi all day everyday and 25psi at the track
see psitaxi gallery
cheers ps have run a lazy 13.6 @110 mph with a man ,street tyres but will go auto soon and up boost

who said a turbo is good for 15-18psi all day everyday? an 25psi at the track? thats so stupid!!!

110mph, thats great :) making around 210-220rwk?

4LTR-JET: 9.1 @150mph!!

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: FG G6E TURBO

Power: 285 rwkw

VIC, Australia

i just simply ask the guys at mtq in dandynong who supplied me the turbo, what was the max boost i could run with out loosing turbine efficiency and what boost i could run on the street and still get reasonable turbo life
i dont think that they were stupid answers to my questions
were all still learning

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:00 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Whats with the secrecy Hi-Boost. Is seems that all your posts are about putting up videos of yourself but very thin on anything of any substance or worth from a tech perspective.

Its a forum, if all you do is just come on here saying I did this time at this mph and posting videos of yourself, you might as well not post.

If you want to come on here sharing info and how you got there then great.

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

maddog wrote:
Whats with the secrecy Hi-Boost. Is seems that all your posts are about putting up videos of yourself but very thin on anything of any substance or worth from a tech perspective.

Its a forum, if all you do is just come on here saying I did this time at this mph and posting videos of yourself, you might as well not post.

When you build a car that the driveline cost you $30k, and the suspension setup is unique, you keep your mouth shut. There are tricks to running 9's if you wanna do it, do the R&D yourself and see why Sinan is keeping it a secret.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
maddog wrote:

When you build a car that the driveline cost you $30k, and the suspension setup is unique, you keep your mouth shut. There are tricks to running 9's if you wanna do it, do the R&D yourself and see why Sinan is keeping it a secret.

But then again, if Sinan wanted to replicate what he has done for select customers then he would be a rather wealthy man.
This isn't an rb30 with factory steel crank in a 1200kg commodore where 9's are only a fist full of boost away. This is a rather intricate exercise. For those power levels sustained for any period of time a cast crank won't cut it. Especially in a long stroke engine like the 4L. Theres almost 6k gone and you haven't even got pistons and rods yet. That's just the very beginning.

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
67RCE wrote:
maddog wrote:

But then again, if Sinan wanted to replicate what he has done for select customers then he would be a rather wealthy man.
This isn't an rb30 with factory steel crank in a 1200kg commodore where 9's are only a fist full of boost away. This is a rather intricate exercise. For those power levels sustained for any period of time a cast crank won't cut it. Especially in a long stroke engine like the 4L. Theres almost 6k gone and you haven't even got pistons and rods yet. That's just the very beginning.

Your not wrong there xcabbi. If Sinan was going to replicate his setup for $$$$, why tell the world for free? Also, Rajab did alot of work on this car too, They are a well respected company in the VL Scene, why would they want to give away details they make money off?

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

If he was a really cruel bastard he could most progably patent his cimbination, thus not allowing any copies for up to 20 years.

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
If he was a really cruel bastard he could most progably patent his cimbination, thus not allowing any copies for up to 20 years.

He / rajab racing could patent the parts that make the combination, but the combination itself?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Obviously not the combination itself, just the parts. But because its a proven combination you need all the parts. The Plenum is entirely their design, the head ports are most probably as well. And if there is any trick component in the rear suspension set-up (stuff like adjustable trailing arms) they could probably patent that as well, forcing everyone else to either buy off them or think up their own combinations.

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

With quick cars like that I suspect the power steering, air con, front sway bar etc is removed. Along with sound deadening etc..
Possibly changes to rear suspension geometry and GOOD C4 / TH400 auto , Powerglide..
Slicks, spool etc ...
90% of good times is in launch, 60ft times..Which is not exactly a street car..
Which is possibly why he doesn't show pics etc...
Which a std auto, rear suspension cannot do...
Adjusable trailing arms are available through Whiteline ...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:47 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

EBXR8380 wrote:
With quick cars like that I suspect the power steering, air con, front sway bar etc is removed. Along with sound deadening etc..
Possibly changes to rear suspension geometry and GOOD C4 / TH400 auto , Powerglide..
Slicks, spool etc ...
90% of good times is in launch, 60ft times..Which is not exactly a street car..
Which is possibly why he doesn't show pics etc...
Which a std auto, rear suspension cannot do...
Adjusable trailing arms are available through Whiteline ...

it still has power steering just look at the pics.no aircon. but everything under the dash is still in, ITS STILL HAS THE HEATER.it even still has all the sound deadening on it..
STOCK STANDARD SUSPENSIONS/sprins is what i still have on the car.i also still dont have ADJUSTABLE trailing arms!

my current 60ft times are around 1.5-1.6 coz of lack of traction.

Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:00 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

maddog wrote:

hmmmm.. like i said on another forum "I never had anyone help me out... It took me 4 years to get to where I am with R&D, I'm not gonna tell people what I've learnt an s**t or whats done to the caror how its done.. Some ask advice I giv it, yet some think they know better, Good luck to them..
Why should I spend time an money on R&D an share it with u? Id love to see u spend cash an R&D an share it with freeloaders??"

well i wont post on this forum anymore.. :) hows that?

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 13  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next