another turbo build 

Page 3 of 6 [ 83 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: another turbo build
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 92 EB- 2001 AU

NSW, Australia

with how they are setup you hardly notice the lag to be honest my pulsar ran 12 PSI as soon as she hit boost you felt it lol had a bigger intercooler then what you can fit in a falcon

AU II XR8 REBEL!!! EB TURBO 6!!!

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ef xr6 turbo

SA, Australia

it actually wasnt as bad as i expected it was just a head gasket had mayorly gone wrong i dont think it was perfectly lined up when i put it on (DOH) oh well im still going to put a jmm custom turbo grind head.. i was running 9 psi with standard injectors with the rising rate fpr. was doing fine although a couple times on hot days in 4th or 5th when i gave it s**t it was pinging a little and the knock sensor was basically killing the motor eeessshhhk.
and yes i sorted out the fuel pressure reg issue the hoses were on the wrong side. although thats what i was told by some one in that thread. oh well s**t happens
i am going to use the eliminator chip made by sct and am getting a workshop in sa to tune it called lmg performance that guy is a ford nut.
so ill end up using my big walbro fuel pump with the ba injectors with the eliminator chip.
i have been going to the drags a fair bit lately and getting right into it last night i borrowed my work mates turbo beetle and ripped up the track in that little fire breather so i have decided to build a big auto for my ef with a 3000 stally and a b&m shifter hopefully itll do some good times

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

pics pics pics

Attachments:
fmthree.jpg
fmthree.jpg [ 54.89 KiB | Viewed 176 times ]
fmtwowo.jpg
fmtwowo.jpg [ 83.69 KiB | Viewed 369 times ]
fmoone.jpg
fmoone.jpg [ 31.08 KiB | Viewed 219 times ]

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

racedirector wrote:
I have to ask... do you guys get much lag with the long path from the turbo to the inlet manifold?

Only interested as I used to have an RS Turbo scubbie and the intercoolor sat on top of the engine - real short path between turbo and inlet.

Cheers
RD

the lag in my car isnt too bad at all its basically on full boost by 2600rpm which isnt bad because it still allows me to drive around off boost if i have too

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

SIK__M8 wrote:
have you had it dyno'd yet? any real trouble doing the conversion?
i am also getting a conversion kit from snort and cant wait till i have the money lol

most was fairly easy sa im a learner mechanic i suppose the hardest thing was suppoting the engine and pulling out the cross member to put a return line into the sump

Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 92 EB- 2001 AU

NSW, Australia

i have aquiered a few thing lately to help my turbo build will hopefully have some boost by the time sydney powercruise comes back around

i have myself a microtech LT-12's for engine management
and i have an electronic boost controller for handling my boost

i have to sell my skyline now lol minus parts haha

AU II XR8 REBEL!!! EB TURBO 6!!!

Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

So ford beats nissan again. Good show mate keep us in formed with the turbo build. Pics write ups etc that stuff helped me out heaps when I did mine

Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Hey fellas need a little advice I wanna paint my cooler black which paint should I use that won't affect the cooling any tips would be appreciated

Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

just use a cheap black paint... will only need 1 or 2 very light coats
won't effect cooling

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yeah didn't think it'll matter to much better to be safe then sorry. Atm it sticks out like big hairy dogs balls and don't want a yellow canary on my car I also took the 18s off and put the little 15s back on looks a little more stealthier now

Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Just ordered my jim mock turbo street fighter head with stainless stell valves and valve springs.. Should be on boost much quicker now. Gonna try a genuine au head gasket this time has been recommended on here before

Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

Yeah just used the cheapest mat black spray paint it, the gt bar helps hide my intercooler very well. How much boost you going to run with that head?.
If i were you id call crescent up and see what they can do about a cam n head package .

Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Running 9 psi to stay under the maps sensors limit on freshened a up stock bottem end. Im going to use the wade 1673 cam should do wonders for the turbo. I had that cam in my old car and it had a nice top end went from 3000 to redline really hard

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

hey mate i read you had a malwood t5 (t5z spec) was looking at buying one because my t5 is cactus. would u recomened for a turbo?

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Nooo never. Mine is toast. Was way over priced and barely lasted. Im considering putting a c4 auto and a 3000 stallie or if I decide to keep manual ill be looking for a tko 500

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 6  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next