Fordmods Logo

AU ECU and Boost 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: AU ECU and Boost
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:39 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

This discussion comes from a thread discussing boost on an EF. As my post below caught the eye of another AU owner, I've moved it here to avoid hijacking the other thread.
XR9UTE wrote:
the speed density eec does
not have the capacity to deal with positive pressure above only 2 lbs.
It's strategy cannot unfortunately be changed.

What you say is correct, up to a point. That point is the end of EL production. For the AU Ford changed from a digital separate MAP sensor to an analogue one integrated with the IAT. The MAP signal on AU's on is therefore a voltage nominally between 0 and +5V, though typically between +0.2V and +4.8V.

What this means for AU and later models, is that the ECU can be made to "read boost" by the simple expedient of wiring in an aftermarket 2, 3, or 5-bar analogue MAP sensor in place of the pressure (vacuum) signal from the stock TMAP, and rescaling load-dependent variables to suit, using tuning tools such as Advantage or Sniper.

I realise most of the conventional wisdom relates to the E-series, so this is not of much help in that regard. But it seems to be a little-known fact that the AU differs from the E-series in this critical area. An AU owner reading E-series discussions would form the mistaken impression that to boost his engine, he'd need to fork out for an aftermarket ECU.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:16 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6T

QLD, Australia

nice info could help me alot :wink: can you please explain it in a way a dummy like me can understand it :lol: im good with engines but not electronics :oops:

Matt

BF XR6T: Atomic 698 rebuild, bigger huffer, all the Process West goodies, 4" Exhaust, ZF 6 speed tidy up, F6 kit, Boss Bonnet, Black 20" XHP s-35's, Kings sl's with monroe shocks, Street Tune: 396 rwkw on 18 psi. Race Tune: ......... see you at summernats :p

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]