Fordmods Logo

AU motor vs BA motor - Can they run the same ECU? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: AU motor vs BA motor - Can they run the same ECU?
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

If a BA motor has a 36-1 crank sensor and so does an AU motor then will a microtech for an AU motor work on a BA motor if the cams are locked in position with the VCT disabled and the COP's replaced with a coil pack and spark leads? This is basically what FTG autosalvage did wasnt it?

Microtech dont do anything specifically for the BA motor and I have found out that dellow make a conversion kit to fit EA-BF motors into a maverick. The engine in my Mav is getting noisy and if I can get a falcon engine in there replacement accessories are about a quarter of the price. I dont enjoy paying $280 for a 2nd hand power steering pump and $250 for a starter motor when I can buy an EA for that full of spares :P

Im choosing the microtech as it is the cheapest option that isnt 2nd hand. I dont want to spend $3k on an ECU for the Maverick.

The car will run dual fuel or straight gas. Its only got a 35 litre petrol tank, 130 litre LPG. It might be turbo down the track but I doubt it.

I plan to buy a BF motor to put my rods and forged pistons in when it comes time to build another motor so the one currently in my EA will be a spare. Apparantly the BF blocks are stronger.

As a cheaper alternative how hard/expensive is it to run XD/XE style dizzy in an EA-AU motor so I dont have to do any wiring? I will run straight gas if I go this way. Would a regraphed dizzy like this be comfortable running a low boost turbo setup without an ignition computer?

Thanks guys,
Dan

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]