ba xr6 turbo exhaust system 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: ba xr6 turbo exhaust system
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford ba xr6 turbo

WA, Australia

Hey guys im new to the forum
Any ways i a looking at getting a exhaust system for my ba xr6 turbo i already have injectors with a tune.
I was looking at getting a 3" single system from turbo back. But i rang around a few places and some of them recon ill need to get performance valve springs because the standard one float with that exhaust and will go into limo mode and wat not

So has any one done this upgrade and has it happened also is there a better option to look in to getting im not looking for more that 400 rwhp because of the s**t 4 speed auto box that i have

Post subject: Re: ba xr6 turbo exhaust system
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

3 inch has smaller cross section than the standard twin 2.25 section. You go backwards.

Get a high flow cat, standard issue is 700cpsi. With just a high flow cat you should be able to hold 10psi no worries on the factory wastegate actuator.

Either a twin 2.5 or single 3.5 inch would be better for 300wkw. You will need valve springs, fuel pump and a better cooler(factory item good for about 280wkw). You will get maybe 11-12psi tapering to 10psi out of stock actuator, chuck in a 7psi turbosmart with a port and flapper upgrade and you will see around 14psi at peak rpms. I've heard of people getting 320ish still using factory dump pipe so you might be fine there.

enough isn't enough

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]