Fordmods Logo

BA XR6 Turbo onto an E-Gas engine 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: BA XR6 Turbo onto an E-Gas engine
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:28 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Hi guys,

it has been a while and i have finally sold the AU wagon and stepped up into the world of the B-Series. I now am looking to fit a turbo from a XR6T onto the E-Gas engine. Anyone have any ideas as to how this will work or what parts will be needed ?

I dont see the point in getting the whole XR6T engine as i dont need the motor itself. Only thing is that i dont know what sort of electronics need to be changed. I dont want to loose the gas, but i want a turbo lol.

What should I be looking for and does anyone have the parts that may make such a conversion work ?

It is a wagon by the way...

Cheers,
Aaron.

Post subject: Re: BA XR6 Turbo onto an E-Gas engine
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:14 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ba e-gas manual 6 2003

VIC, Australia

same bout as u az, just got a ute though.. would luv to know wat i can do.

Post subject: Re: BA XR6 Turbo onto an E-Gas engine
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:53 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2004 ba egas ute

NSW, Australia

AU_Rocket wrote:
Hi guys,

it has been a while and i have finally sold the AU wagon and stepped up into the world of the B-Series. I now am looking to fit a turbo from a XR6T onto the E-Gas engine. Anyone have any ideas as to how this will work or what parts will be needed ?

I dont see the point in getting the whole XR6T engine as i dont need the motor itself. Only thing is that i dont know what sort of electronics need to be changed. I dont want to loose the gas, but i want a turbo lol.

What should I be looking for and does anyone have the parts that may make such a conversion work ?

It is a wagon by the way...

Cheers,
Aaron.

I have been down the same path but went supercharger over turbo.Ditch the vialle converter and buy a svi injection kit u can get them for around $1500 thats for injectors wiring loom and converter.This will allow u to retain your factory gas tanks.Then buy a profire ecu they are desighned exactly for high hp svi systems they are around $1100 Then u will need 6 keihin brown dot injectors i have heard they are $300 per injector+ u will need some one to install all of this along with a custom tune.
U will have more power more economy and no more devistating backfires going this path.

Hope this helps with your decision in my opinion it is the better option.

Supercharged Egas

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]