BA XR6T Mod Question 

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: BA XR6T Mod Question
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:06 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ba xr6t 04

WA, Australia

Hello All
probally been asked these questions a million times before but im new to your awesome forum:)
I got a auto Ba xr6t thinking of putting the stage 3 capa kit thru it just wondering any of you have done it and what do you think is there a better option then this?
Also wondering i was looking at getting a bf typhoon kit from from fibre sports(awc) are these kits of good quality or flismy cheaply made? any other reccomendations if there not good? and do you know any good panlebeaters/spray painters to paint & fit it in perth?

cheers
josh

Post subject: Re: BA XR6T Mod Question
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Power: 327 rwkw

WA, Australia

i have got a plasmaman kit on mine and a custom tune from BPT for 430hp at the wheels. I wish I had've spent the money up front the first time and gone with the Nizpro kit, this is without a doubt the best kit you can get for the T.
I got a GT front from The Spolier Shop, tiz pretty good considering its fibreglass for $400. this was about 2 yrs ago now though.

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

is the plamanan kit just induction pipes what is actually in it compared to the nizpro kit and rough price im kinda looking at just custom tune, injectors,fuel pump,Cai,cooler thermostat and maybe vlave springs i think i be pretty happy with about 300rwkw atm

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:34 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 07 xr5 mondeo

NSW, Australia

Josh,

Mate first up welcome to the forums, mate have a look over on fordxr6turbo.com also, lots of great stuff and blokes on there too.

I have a 02 BA XR6T running plazmaman kit, 4 in intake, hot & cold side piping, battery relocated to the boot, NIZPRO valve springs, Surge tank and a few other bits and pieces to go in yet (60lb's, exhaust etc) No complaints here, great gear, great workmanship, excellent after sales support, great response from the car and good performance gains with no issues. Aiming for 300rwkw through the 4spd auto is going to hurt the box but with a decent tune and kit (Rapid V3.5 =p ) you should see 300rwkw no problems..

Personally ring Chris at Rapid Systems (Chef off here) for your needs, he can steer you in the right direction.

Fibre Sports do good gear, and they might have a dealer in WA for ya too mate.

Cheers
Ryan

If it moves, weld it down!
It if doesn't move and should, get a bigger hammer!

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 21 images

NSW, Australia

i have the plazmaman 800 hp kit with some other mods making 470.4 rwhp.

as the others have said this is good gear, even after extended hooning (on a private road) intake temps remain cool, its like the more you push it the better it performs.
i agree with rizzo rapid/chef if the man to speak to what ever you decide to get.

Attachments:
tmpphpxPxriZ.jpg
tmpphpxPxriZ.jpg [ 68.87 KiB | Viewed 264 times ]

bf xr6turbo siemens injectors, full plazmaman 800 hp intercooler kit, 5 inch cat and custom dual 2.5 inch zorst, billet flywheel with mal wood clutch kit, braided hoses, big brakes, 3.2L surge tank/w twin 044's rebuilt motor with forged and billet everything 420+ rwkw on 98. holden killer.

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:32 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

thanks guys for your input car going in for surgery next week with BPT motorsport going to get fuel pump,60lb injectors,CAI,Custom tune,New dump pipe and cat, bigger actuators and a few other bits and pieces, got the fibre sports kits havent seen it yet as im still stuck out on site hopefully it will bolt straight up

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Got the car back all done , all i can say wow what a difference the car is amazing:)

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

pics n s**t!

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Power: 327 rwkw

WA, Australia

jd79 wrote:
Got the car back all done , all i can say wow what a difference the car is amazing:)

We need a bit more than that :| !!!!
What did you end up getting done?
What did it pull on the dyno?

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

it got to 305 kw at rears but was detuned to 285 as the auto wouldnt like life about 950nm (think it peaked at 1000 from memory)of torque still got get kit fitted but more than happy with the power would have like to have made the 300 club but i dont really want to be reaplacing the auto just yet but ita absolutely awesome im pretty stoked

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:30 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Lets see your dyno sheet and pics of under your bonnet, so we know your not s**t :lol:

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

XR-Lane wrote:
Lets see your dyno sheet and pics of under your bonnet, so we know your not s**t :lol:

im at site mate and to be honest im not going to upload dyno pics to prove anything if i was going to bullsh*t you think i would have come up with a way more impressive number dont ya think?, it looks standard under the bonnet still factory piping except CAI

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:41 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

jd79 wrote:
XR-Lane wrote:

im at site mate and to be honest im not going to upload dyno pics to prove anything if i was going to bullsh*t you think i would have come up with a way more impressive number dont ya think?, it looks standard under the bonnet still factory piping except CAI

Calm down mate, I know your new here. But you will come to realise that this is the way here. just egging you on to see some pics as I am not the only one interested.

Quote:
No pics? then it never happend!

This is a quote you will see time and time again on fordmods, its not against forum rules to not post up your dyno sheet, but its nice for everyone to see it.

Also there is a dyno registry under the resources tab on the home page, and thats another good reason to scan the dyno sheet :)

Sorry, I did not know you where on site. Hope you get time to post pics when your off. :P

Cheers

Josh

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:49 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

ah sorry mate :? ,been a long day,and im not one to get on the forums and gloat about things, thats why my update was short and sweet. was pretty much just thanking the guys who gave me a few ideas, thanks again fellas:)

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

When a forum member says "pics or it didnt happen" there is absolutely no legal or binding requirement for you to do so, so dont let them pressure you.

HOWEVER
I say i want to see pics, because i say so

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]