Fordmods Logo

Bf mk11 xr6t wont rev past 4000rpm and speedo stops working 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Bf mk11 xr6t wont rev past 4000rpm and speedo stops working
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Xr6t

NSW, Australia

Hey guys just bought a bf mk 2 xr6 turbo with the 6 speed auto ,81,000kays stage 3 plazmaman intercooler bigger injectors ,upgraded valve springs ,walbro fuel pump,4inch dump pipe into 3.5inch exhaust .so tge car was going great for about 5 or 600 kays after i bought it so much power even broke traction up to 70-80kph .then i got in it one afternoon pulled onto the road floored it to merge into traffic and as it reach 4000rpm it just cut out (engine still running)i didnt think much of it as i had it in sports shift and thort i may have bumped the shifter the wrong way , i then looked down to se what speed i was doing and noticed my speedo was reading zero (i was doing atleast 90-100klms) .now it wont rev oast 4000rpm and if i try the speedo stops and ive noticed at some point the D for drive is flashing on the dash ,also i cant set cruise control , the last time i drove it ,it was slipping from drive to neutral even at like 60-70klms .it is currently at an auto electricians being looked at . They thought it was the abs module but after replacing that it hasnt fixed the problem they now think that there is possibly a wire broken in the harness somwhere (im not convinced).ive also notice that the factory boost solenoid is still wired into the car but not hooked up the the turbo but instead the turbo seems to have a hose running straight to vacuum? Please throw me some idea guys ,i payed good money for this car and its akready costing me alot more. Any info would be appreciated cheers
PS: i have heard of the transmission milkshake and have checked it and the oil is fine so i dont think its that.

Post subject: Re: Bf mk11 xr6t wont rev past 4000rpm and speedo stops working
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:42 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

One thing I know is I've read if the D is flashing it means the transmission is over heating. :idea:

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Xr6t

NSW, Australia

Thanks for the response mate .the D flashes somtimes not all the time ,i would think if the transmision is over heating it would have milky fluid wich it doesnt .ive asked the auto electricians/mechanics if they thought it could be the transmision but they are happy with it , they said they knew about the transmision milkshake so im hoping there right .at the moment they believe there could be a faulty wire in the wiring harness somwhere , hopefully they find somthing soon i havnt had the car for near 3 weeks now.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:33 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

All good mate.
Coincedently my car flashed the D the other day and went in limp mode as well. First time ever :shock:
Ended up being a speed signal error on the scan reader. Hopefully its a one off.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]