Only need to know two words when it comes to insuring a forced falcon:

Third party.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Reindeer

NSW, Australia

i am with aami now and i pay $467 full comp, i rang just car to compare and it was $1250.

stuff that!

Its people like you that make people that kill other people, sleep easier at night.

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: XW

WA, Australia

weird, seein as AAMI underwirte Just cars

And seeing as 1150 a yr is the cheapest quote i have ever been given for full comp, its weird how yours is so low
lucky

Im gunna finger bang bang your mumma too

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Yeah they underwrite the risk but completely different pricing models. JCI's claims data would be significantly different to AAMI's as they are very different target markets and therefore very different risks on the book.

JCI setup so average mum/dad arent cross subsidisng young turbo drivers on the AAMI book.

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Get you Mrs to ring...
They seem to offer cheaper quotes to them...
They are usefull sometimes...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Fairmont

VIC, Australia

In my books if your car is on the road then it must have insurance.. no two ways about it. Unfortunately in this day and age its not a matter if you have an accident it is a matter of when you'll have one.

Anyhow, I'm always been with RACV and have found them to be pretty good in terms of the agreed value of the car and the amount of mods they allow. From memory I think they allow a total of three mods. I've got big plans for my 'mont in the coming years and contacted shannons to see what they offered but unfortunately they don't insure anyone under 25 (2 years to go). From what I understand though all mods are accepted provided they are legal.
Just cars offered to insure the car but not the wheels (very smart on their behalf) as they're worth more than a certain percentage of the curent market value or somethig along those lines.

Its only going to get harder and harder to insure modified cars. My best friends dad is an insurance broker and he's stopped offering modified car insurance because he believes the premiums insurers ask is just rediculous.

V8 Windsor here we come.....

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EA Falcon

QLD, Australia

Chich wrote:
Anyhow, I'm always been with RACV and have found them to be pretty good in terms of the agreed value of the car and the amount of mods they allow. From memory I think they allow a total of three mods. I've got big plans for my 'mont in the coming years and contacted shannons to see what they offered but unfortunately they don't insure anyone under 25 (2 years to go). From what I understand though all mods are accepted provided they are legal.
Just cars offered to insure the car but not the wheels (very smart on their behalf) as they're worth more than a certain percentage of the curent market value or somethig along those lines.

Its only going to get harder and harder to insure modified cars. My best friends dad is an insurance broker and he's stopped offering modified car insurance because he believes the premiums insurers ask is just rediculous.

Exactly, mum does insurance, and she always laughs at people (parents trying to get for kids usually) trying to get insurance for their hotted up cars. It might sound good having a $1200 a year, full comp, but if you have an accident, under 25, do you have the $2000 - $3000 to cough up for the excess?

1989 EA Falcon MPI (Converted! YAY!)
2.5" Sports System, Lowered, Thermofans, XG Snorkel
Result: 108.4rkw (145hp)

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Fairmont

VIC, Australia

wadi wrote:
Chich wrote:

Exactly, mum does insurance, and she always laughs at people (parents trying to get for kids usually) trying to get insurance for their hotted up cars. It might sound good having a $1200 a year, full comp, but if you have an accident, under 25, do you have the $2000 - $3000 to cough up for the excess?

I doubt you'd find excess to be greater than $2,000. Its usually the basic $400 + $1,600 age excess. When you do have an accident it doesn't really matter if you can pay it.. you just have to pay it. I suppose its the idividuals responsibility to sort out his/her finances to accomodate the possibilty of $2,000 excess hit.

V8 Windsor here we come.....

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:13 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EA Falcon

QLD, Australia

Quote:
I doubt you'd find excess to be greater than $2,000. Its usually the basic $400 + $1,600 age excess. When you do have an accident it doesn't really matter if you can pay it.. you just have to pay it. I suppose its the idividuals responsibility to sort out his/her finances to accomodate the possibilty of $2,000 excess hit.

You're right, im exaggerating and mixed up the excess with insurance premiums. Also you don't have to pay up the full amount either, I've been told of cases where such and such has an accident, no insurance, and crys poor with their hotted up car, and only pay $20 a week for $5000 repair. :shock:

Thats wrong.

1989 EA Falcon MPI (Converted! YAY!)
2.5" Sports System, Lowered, Thermofans, XG Snorkel
Result: 108.4rkw (145hp)

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Chich wrote:

Yeah, good call. The Insurer wont necissarily DEMAND the payment of the excess... more likely to get a court writ demanding $50 a week or whatever... rest assured the insurer wont forget it tho, lol.

At the end of the day, they wont spend $thousands on legal expenses chasing a few hundred bucks.... so i hear :wink:

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2