Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Cheers guys no more help needed
Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Hi guys,

Just wanting to ask for opinions on what people think would need to be done to a 96 EFII XR6 to beat a BAMKI/II XR6 Turbo on acceleration.

Im looking at a decent twin turbo setupand the rest.

Cheers for any help.

Thanks
Kev

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Last edited by Big Kev on Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

The phrase
"Horsepower=Dollars, so how much money do ya want to spend?" comes to mind.

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:08 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

y even go twin ? why not one big single turbo setup ?

i got a price from Bresciani Racing,
for about $7,500 it included
pipes
GT3540
mirctech LT12 fitted
intercooler

they said they had already done this to an xr and it turned out really good, and sounded awesome with about 200rwkw.

you can contact them if you want, PH: (03) 93052198

they have the fasted vl turbo in aus, i think its no. plates is [PANNIC]

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Pannic yeah I thin of seen that VL :lol: got alot of go.

Yeah im aiming to try and get 280rwkw but would be happy with 250rwkw.

Looking at spending 15K all up for engine mods, turbo setup, intakes and exhaust etc.

Thanks for the info and oh yeah i was meant to add to the orignal post big single turbo setup OR twin turbo but the twins I know are alot of a*** around to get going.

Cheers

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
Pannic yeah I thin of seen that VL :lol: got alot of go.

Yeah im aiming to try and get 280rwkw but would be happy with 250rwkw.

Looking at spending 15K all up for engine mods, turbo setup, intakes and exhaust etc.

Thanks for the info and oh yeah i was meant to add to the orignal post big single turbo setup OR twin turbo but the twins I know are alot of a*** around to get going.

Cheers

i rekon you would have no probs if you wanna spend that much u may be able to crack 300rwkw with 15k

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

To give you an Idea, I've just about finished my EF II turbo project, I've spent about $4000 at the moment, that includes turbo, manifold, waste gate, blow off, Fuel pressor regulator, oil lines, front mount intercooler, 3" exhaust, intercooler piping, turbo timer, and boost gauge. I’ve still got to do something about the timing as it needs a little retarding at high RPM, but it is fuelling good.
I’m only running between 6-7 PSI until I get the timing worked out. I’ve done a few 0-100 times and got between 6 – 6 ½ seconds and that wasn’t at full throttle. Also its an auto.
I read that the XR6 turbo manuals do around 6 ½ second 0-100 so I should be close to them.

Good luck.

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon EGas

WA, Australia

Why would you be looking at a twin turbo for an I6? just get the biggest turbo you can find! When doing up rice burners, people normally pull out the twin turbo setup and replace it with one big one. My guess would be that you'dbe better off doin that too. Both for cost and performance.

BA Falcon Futura on EGas. Stock as...

EF 5 speed manual; PH 4480 Pacemaker Headers; 2 1/2" Lukey Mandrel Bent System; Hi Flow Walker Cat; Stage 3 Crow Cam; ChipTorque Chip; 3" Mandrel Bent Intake; K&N Pod Filter; Low Pedders Suspension; 17" EL GT Champagne Rims; RPM Series Clutch

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Cheers for the help guys yeah the GT40 ball bearing turbo sounds like a good go. Meant to be able to run 900 horses.....i only want the setup to run 10-12psi.

Thanks for all the assistance

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon EGas

WA, Australia

Lol, why is it that everyone who wants a turbo is always really young? For about half the price, you can easily get your car into the low 14s. If its that blow off sound that you're really after, i can hook up some speakers to your clutch to make a nice pettttteeechhhhh sound for you if you want.

don't get me wrong, turbo I6s are f**k awesome but you might wanna do other stuff to it first.

There's always a cynical post isn't their? Sorry but it had to be me, I wanted a turbo for mine too until i realised how much it would be and what the potential of the 4L was without forced aspiration.

Anyway, if you do it, that thing will fly.

BA Falcon Futura on EGas. Stock as...

EF 5 speed manual; PH 4480 Pacemaker Headers; 2 1/2" Lukey Mandrel Bent System; Hi Flow Walker Cat; Stage 3 Crow Cam; ChipTorque Chip; 3" Mandrel Bent Intake; K&N Pod Filter; Low Pedders Suspension; 17" EL GT Champagne Rims; RPM Series Clutch

Last edited by Smackdown on Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Nah well alot more will happen then just a turbo.....will be the works.....im droppin an AUIII VCT engine (could get the 8 if I want apparently- might go the whole way and fit the one from a TS50), Manual Conversion, port work, headers, exhaust, chip, turbo brakes, full rebuild on the AU engine....and lots more

but thanks again for the input guys

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

As far as I know that Gas Research Australia company has a turbo division that has an 4.0L I6 Turbo kit for around the 5 grand mark...

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:15 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF II Futura

NSW, Australia

yes they do it is TSA which is part of gas research
last time i looked they had a kit 5 possibly 6 grand it was non intercooled and running 5 or 6 psi i think they also had intercooled kits for a bit more

ohh i dont think they had new fuel management with them kits either. just a rising rate regulator (could be wrong though)

try this
http://www.gasresearchpc.com.au/html/tu ... ralia.html

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:22 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: R33 GTS-T

VIC, Australia

Smackdown wrote:
Why would you be looking at a twin turbo for an I6? just get the biggest turbo you can find! When doing up rice burners, people normally pull out the twin turbo setup and replace it with one big one. My guess would be that you'dbe better off doin that too. Both for cost and performance.

I would want a twin turbo for an I6, if they were sequential 8-)

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:02 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: EA II Fairmont Ghia S

SA, Australia

The thing is that a single turbo setup is more prone to lag, this greatly reduces power until further up in the rev range. high kilowattts.

A properly setup twin turbo system will always make more bottom end torque.

It depends on what you are after.

A large single turbo is the go if you want a car that drives like a pig down low then comes on hard latter in the rev range until you redline, and makes high KW numbers to impress your friends. Although you will be revving the hell out of the engine to make your power and sucking the juice down.

But a Twin-Turbo setup is the go if you want a car that has a lot of torque down low and still has the topend go to match. just doesn't have the sky-rocketting KW figures, i do like the torque figures though..

Remembering that torque equals acceleration. (or tyre-frying ability) depending on how heavy your foot is.

Personally i prefer the twin-turbo setup as it is more user friendly, you just have power every where, no matter where the needle is you plant your foot and go.

I have driven a Single Turbo Toyota Soarer and a Twin Turbo Toyota Soarer. The single turbo came on boost hard after 3500rpm and then it flew, but i thought i was driving a high powered V8 when i took the Twin Turbo for a drive, it just had huge pulling power all through the rev range.
Fun.

On a ford six, zoom magazine did an article on installing a Twin Turbo setup onto a ford six in a series of articles over a few months. they basically went through a step by step process they did on a ute that had so much power it just lit the tyres up even when towing heavy trailers and with the back tray full.

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Mmm

The big 4L doesnt really suffer lag if you buy a turbo thats suited to it. It has a good deal of torque as it is.....I know of a couple of cars running GT35/40's with standard motors and making from 220-255rwkw

too many rabbits in china

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next