Fordmods Logo

Dual fuel and boost 

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:35 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

TURBOTAXI wrote:
Check with your LPG person that your convertor will be OK with boost (dont want you getting blown up!) If it wont, you can buy a Landi Renzo SM+P convertor from the importer for about $220. They are rated for over 300hp. (modified in australia after import)
I have had 162rwkw with one of these on a stock motor and ecu with no timing changes. (~7psi)

with timing changes I am guessing this convertor will be good for 180rwkw - 200rwkw.

Depends how far over 300hp the converter is rated. As a rough rule of thumb, RWHP = flywheel kilowatts. 162kW is 220hp in round terms, so you are getting 220 FWKW now. 221kW = 300hp, so you are already damn close to 300hp at the flywheel. So, if you get 200RWkW, you are looking at around 370hp at the flywheel.

TURBOTAXI wrote:
When I find a cheap way of retarding timing on an AU I will go for the 200rwkw and let you all know how I get on.

So far I haven't found a much cheaper way than a Ford Flasher... I guess you want something a bit cheaper than that?

BTW what type of converter did you take out? I have an ordinary Sprintgas BBQ-ring type system with an OMVL R90/E converter. I've asked Sprintgas and the NSW distributor (Gaspower) about forced induction on this system. Sprintags are too busy to talk to anyone, and the Gaspower man hung up in my ear after telling me the system "is not suitable for blow-through" and telling me to junk it and put in a new sequential injection system. Not very encouraging.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2