Fordmods Logo

Electric SuperCharger FORD MUSTANG GT SVT 

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Electric SuperCharger FORD MUSTANG GT SVT
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:12 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL Futura

VIC, Australia

Found this on Ebay. Anyone used one before? Seems like a really simple mod giving good power increase!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WD2V

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Fairlane Ghia

WA, Australia

Seen these before, smaller ones, waste of money if it operates ont he same principle as others i have seen. 30/40 rwhp for 129 bucks?????? dont think so. Another rice boy gadget.

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

Well if you have a good read of what it says, youll think again. Basically they say that it works on 4, 6, and 8 cyclinder motors, but only works good on 4 and 6 cylinders. So one would think that it wouldnt produce enough air for an 8 cylinder. It also says that it produces 1200 cubic feet of air, but doesnt give a time it take to produce it. And our inline 6's use 2 litres of air every single time they turn over if it was a perfect VE (volumetric efficiency) Due to the nature of the intake ports and friction, the VE would not be 100%, but rather somewhere around 85% max. Even so, thats still 1.7 litres of air every revolution, or 8500 litres a minute at 5000rpm, or just over 8.5 cubic metres. Reverting back to our 1200 cubic feet, and knowing that one cubic foot is equal to 0.02832 cubic metres, we see that it produces a whopping 34 cubic metres of air. ( we still dont know how long it takes to produce this amoun of air) However, this is at 0 pressure. So one would think that the most this could do, is eliminate vacumm in the inlet piping, and possibly be a restriction. And as for it being able to give an increase of up to 40 rear wheel horsepower? I dont think so, but give me a dyno chart from a reputable dyno, and ill gladly eat my words.

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:23 pm 
Tyre Shredder

ACT, Australia

Dont need to read all the blurb, that they print, that sort of gain, for that price, isnt possible.

GET STUFFED

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

The theory is sound, but the application is another story.

These fans would potentially create boost in a very small engine. But for anything with a respectable capacity the airflow requirements will be far too great. Boost is a function of static pressure and flow. A 5.0L V8 will use approximately 500cfm of air at 6500rpm so i'm told. I would imagine a 4.0L I6 would not be too far behind this. As im sure you can appreciate, this exceeds anything a small fan is acapable of producing.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

If your dumb enough to buy that, you shouldnt be driving a stang... Hyundai maybe :?

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

would probably work well on a lawnmower engine.....

Banned

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Interceptor wrote:
would probably work well on a lawnmower engine.....

Now ther's an idea!!! It can double up as a blower to clean gutters, footpath etc....

Edit I'd like to see how much it flows at 27 inch pressure ?...NON !!!!

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Last edited by EBXR8380 on Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

isnt that giving it a lil too much credit?

Banned

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:02 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 87 XF Ghia

WA, Australia

AIR FILTER NOT INLCUDED ! - Just as well - even that wouldn't flow enough to feed my lawnmower.

LOW CURRENT DRAW - My a*** - if it is it wouldn't even be good for blowing leaves out of the gutters.

1200 CFM - What a laugh !!! maybe unloaded in free air, put any back pressure on it and it'll be about 2 cfm.

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:53 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 2004 BA Falcon MkII

WA, Australia

Andrew J wrote:
Well if you have a good read of what it says, youll think again. Basically they say that it works on 4, 6, and 8 cyclinder motors, but only works good on 4 and 6 cylinders. So one would think that it wouldnt produce enough air for an 8 cylinder. It also says that it produces 1200 cubic feet of air, but doesnt give a time it take to produce it. And our inline 6's use 2 litres of air every single time they turn over if it was a perfect VE (volumetric efficiency) Due to the nature of the intake ports and friction, the VE would not be 100%, but rather somewhere around 85% max. Even so, thats still 1.7 litres of air every revolution, or 8500 litres a minute at 5000rpm, or just over 8.5 cubic metres. Reverting back to our 1200 cubic feet, and knowing that one cubic foot is equal to 0.02832 cubic metres, we see that it produces a whopping 34 cubic metres of air. ( we still dont know how long it takes to produce this amoun of air) However, this is at 0 pressure. So one would think that the most this could do, is eliminate vacumm in the inlet piping, and possibly be a restriction. And as for it being able to give an increase of up to 40 rear wheel horsepower? I dont think so, but give me a dyno chart from a reputable dyno, and ill gladly eat my words.

Andrew

Air flow into an engine is not high. Take the dragster as an example. We rev the 468 cube big block to 6100rpm and do so through a 950cfm carb. 468 cubic inches is 7675.2 cc's or 7.68 litres. If you take a VE of 85% for it, it would suck in 6.5 litres of air every second revolution (4 stroke engine remember). That would be 19825 litres per minute at 6100rpm. We need 19.825 cubic metres of air per minute, which is (19.825 x 35.3) 699.8cfm.

The 4.0 motor you refer to needs 300cfm.

If this device (which probably doesn't work) can move 1200cfm then it is "capable" of supplying 4 times as much air as the 4.0 motor needs.

Having looked at the item on ebay, I see that they claim it makes 5psi of boost. I doubt it.

The thing is that these devices are great in theory but in practice never work.

I guess we can all dream though. 5psi of boost for $125us. That would be nice wouldn't it??

Kel.
BHR
A/MD 1272
240 inch Dragster
466 Big Block Ford
650hp
8.40 @ 156mph (251kph)

Post subject: Electric SuperCharger FORD MUSTANG GT SVT
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

Read a magazine article on this sort of so called supercharger a couple of days ago. The thing uses two computer case fans running wide open. These wouldn't last long and would hardle supply enough air to power a "putt-putt" boat in calm water.

The guy is a non registered user on eBay. I would certainly give hime a wide berth. :(

Last edited by elusiverunner on Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

I saw something similar to this ages ago. Now i dont want to be a smartass or ne thing but, has ne one actully used something like this on thier car just for aguments sake?

Or just to say yes i tried it and yes its the biggest scam out there :wink:

If it were $50 cheaper i would buy it just so i can test it on the dyno, and say yes its been tested down here and either give it a yay or nay.

So its like $120+ not including all the other fees and buying the filter, so your prolly gonna be paying like $30-$50 more to get it over here.

So roughly $180 at the most..... F**k that!! if it were cheaper then i would try it. It has a lifetime warrantee too, but as if thats gonna be ne help to someone who buys it down here. :roll:

My 2 cents

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Post subject: Re: Electric SuperCharger FORD MUSTANG GT SVT
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:42 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 2004 BA Falcon MkII

WA, Australia

elusiverunner wrote:
Read a magazine article on this sort of so called supercharger a couple of days ago. The thing uses two computer case fans running wide open. These wouldn't last long and would hardle supply enough air to power a "putt-putt" boat in calm water.

The guy is a non registered user on eBay. I would certainly give hime a wide berth. :(

You're actually referring to a different "supercharger" device that we've seen here before.

The device on the link above is somewhat larger than that and has a single large motor driving it.

Kel.
BHR
A/MD 1272
240 inch Dragster
466 Big Block Ford
650hp
8.40 @ 156mph (251kph)

Post subject: Re: Electric SuperCharger FORD MUSTANG GT SVT
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Epitome wrote:
elusiverunner wrote:

You're actually referring to a different "supercharger" device that we've seen here before.

The device on the link above is somewhat larger than that and has a single large motor driving it.

But it would be still rubbish, it basically looks like a heater blower from an old car or aftermarket blower, hmm might be good enough for a lawn mower, even then I have my doubts.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next