Fordmods Logo

Falcon I6 4lt Turbo PLENUM ( intake manifold ) 

Page 4 of 11 [ 164 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

mrnasty wrote:
as far as i know pyroay was using the stock BBM and throttle body with 312rwkw. What about pulling the bbm apart, taking the butterflys out and removing the RPM switch which operates them, then chopping the guts out of the BBM so it is esssentialy one large plenum??

thats wat brenden mock did to his 600rwhp ef. the only thing that isnt good about the bbm manifold is that its to far for the intercooler piping to run and heats up alot.

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA

NSW, Australia

AFAIK with the BBM Pyroay ended up leaning out in cyl 3 and 4 hence the new plenum.

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hi

yes there can be problems where one or more cylinders are favored with more air as compared to other cylinders

lets have a look at the EA MPI intake manifold - with the air stream entering the manifold i would have to say front cylinders 1 and 2 would get less cylinder fill as apposed to the rest

EF BBm manifold i would have to say the end cylinders either side of the engine , cylinders 1,2 and 5,6 would be less favored where cylinders 3 and 4 in the middle of the manifold considering how the throttle body sits in the middle.

Uneven cylinder fill causes all sorts of tuning associated problems , remember when u pay the tuner on his dyno his only sampling with one oxygen sensor in the tail of the exhaust pipe.

The tuner is only seeing the sum of all the 6 cylinders air/fuel ratio and making fuel adjustments via what he sees on his air/fuel ratio meter.
But if he had each individual exhaust runner plumbed with oxygen sensors to see individual air/fuel ratios of each cylinder im sure he would be shocked to see the big differences in variation in air/fuel ratios.

can also use exhaust temperature thermocouples to identify which cylinders are running leaner and richer

So one thinking his doing a great job tuning the car would soon learn one is compensating tune adjustments to correct the air/fuel ratio in other cylinders and actually robbing u of horse power

All fun and games trying to direct the air stream to make even cylinder fill so all the pistons make the same power.

seems the VL turbo guys have sorted there plenum out and also there fuel rail.

Yes fuel rail they have on both ends fuel supply and in the middle they have a return line back into the tank , theory is the injects have a fuel favoring situation also , only way to verify if the falcon fuel rail will have similar problems is monitor the fuel pressure along the fuel rail while under wide open throttle power pulls on a dyno.

Imagine half a dozen High pressure gauges plumbed into the fuel rail look crazy but then that's called R&D if some monster is making over 500 bhp im sure it would be in the interested of science to make sure fuel supply and distribution is correct.

otherwise could be a expensive f@#K up.

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

thek wrote:
This is a good thread. I've oftern wondered why no one is offering a cheap good quality plenum for ford sixes like the vl turbo guys have with this bloke;

http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=46412

(awesome product for an awesome price).

I've contacted him about making plenums for the ford sixes but he didnt seem too interested unfortunately.

So if anyone knows anyone that does have a quality product for around $650 please let me know.

thanks

hi thek

im sure ebs_4l would make a plenum if u PMed him his in this thread and has a posting in here his made a nice plenum

there's a chance ebs_4l could be the ford forums ambassador and start production on the plenums

ebs_4l is geared up at home and making stuff for his project

if you read the VL forum some of those guys that fabricate things as so stuck-up 1ygpbubuhyegcyi;iuyg they think the sun shines out of there a**

sorry about the profanty LOL must be the ford Holden thing in me

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb falcon

SA, Australia

hey fpv, well, actually, i have been thinking long and hard about making some more, since we registered the business name Greenslade Engineering, me n my dad are trying to start making some parts to sell, we r starting with a couple of exhaust manifolds, which i today got the head plates for and some more steampipe, stainless exhaust parts like twin tips, any alloy fabrication etc etc.. going to try sell some stuff on ebay

the only reason im not jumping into making another is that as yet, mine has not been used, so i cannot quote any power figures, it is an absolute crunt of a job fitting it, you have to modify both heater pipes, heater hoses, dipstick tube etc... also, it takes a huge amount of time to make one, and im really not sure what people would be willing to pay for one... aslong as people had the skills to modify the bits to fit it then i guess its not that bad.

Attachments:
102_0790.JPG
102_0790.JPG [ 118.48 KiB | Viewed 435 times ]

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hi

ebs_4l be nice to see some results on power figures

i will be making plenums in different virations also but will be testing before anything is sold to anyone

Frggen hell Tig welders are not cheap same a plasma cutters

maybe we can share some ideas together in improving the design for the E-series falcon 6 cylinder engine just s thought

cheers

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

FPV_GTp wrote:
hi

ebs_4l be nice to see some results on power figures

i will be making plenums in different virations also but will be testing before anything is sold to anyone

Frggen hell Tig welders are not cheap same a plasma cutters

maybe we can share some ideas together in improving the design for the E-series falcon 6 cylinder engine just s thought

cheers

I'll donote my car for testing :D

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: futura

NSW, Australia

i also donate my car for testing. :)

car audio gear just ask, special prices for fm members...

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Nice

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

A lot of work in these...

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

yeah but totally worth the effort

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

LOL , why not worth the effort ????

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hi

here is another neet engine bay from a mag

nice plenum also

cheers

Attachments:
File comment: ED 4 liter Falcon turbo out of " Street Ford " mag
ED_Plenum.JPG
ED_Plenum.JPG [ 59.12 KiB | Viewed 473 times ]

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EA2 'Mont

VIC, Australia

That looks like the MRD performance tuned car owned by "TUFED_6" not sure if he's on here but he's definately on FFAU

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

SileNceR wrote:
That looks like the MRD performance tuned car owned by "TUFED_6" not sure if he's on here but he's definately on FFAU

hi

yes it's a MRD plenum

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 11  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next