Head Gasket Shim 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Head Gasket Shim
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: ED fairmont turbo

QLD, Australia

Ok my update is i now have a billet custom grind turbo cam from surecam and valve springs to suit, my question is can i use a Au steel Head gasket either side of a acl copper head gasket to lower compression?

Oh yeah i blew my t5 up after beating a 380hp r33 skyline and i now have a g-force upgraded gearbox coming over from the usa with a strengthened t5 housing.

ED Fairmont: Master Power GT45, race spec T5, Wolf v4, 870cc Injectors, EF bottom end, EF Head, Surcam custom Grind Cam, Crane LX92 Coil

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:31 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

how much that gearbox setting you back?

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

yer and what sort of power should they take? use the same clutch?

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:51 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

I'de be interested to see the cam specs, pm me if you don't want to post them on here for what ever reason. I've just recieved a custom billet cam from surecam for turbo application too and I wouldn't mind finding out if the grind is just a generic or if he listened to everything I wanted and worked out a custom cam. What valve springs have you been sent, I've ordered double valve springs with matching spring cups collets and retainers from crow which I'm picking up on monday.

Not sure about the headgaskets either side of the acl copper gasket I'm pretty sure you will have all sorts of sealing problems. I'm having 5cc or so removed from the combustion chamber and probably using two of the AU style gaskets which makes the same thickness as one of the old carbon style gaskets.

I can't remember exactly what the combustion volume is but its around 76cc?? (corrections please if thats wrong) so by my calculations removing 5cc of metal from the chamber lowers the compression of a standard 9.35:1 falcon to 8.8:1 which should be enough to run 18psi or so safely

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]