Fordmods Logo

Help me turbo my ba sr mk2 what do i need to do to turbo it 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Help me turbo my ba sr mk2 what do i need to do to turbo it
Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:45 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2005 Ba falcon sr mk2

NSW, Australia

Hi im new to car modding and recently bought a 05 ba sr mk2 and want to turbo it and also would like to know what do i have to buy and do to achieve max hp ive got no idea on what to do in order to achieve this all i want to know is what performance parts do i have to buy in order for my car to sit me in the back seats when i put my foot flat please all the help would be greatly appreiciated or would i be best of just buying a crete engine nd putting it in my car PLZ HELP NO IDEA WHAT TO DO

Post subject: Re: Help me turbo my ba sr mk2 what do i need to do to turbo it
Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:40 am 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Why didnt you just by an XR6T to begin with ? :roll:

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:57 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Toddy32 wrote:
Hi im new to car modding and recently bought a 05 ba sr mk2 and want to turbo it and also would like to know what do i have to buy and do to achieve max hp ive got no idea on what to do in order to achieve this all i want to know is what performance parts do i have to buy in order for my car to sit me in the back seats when i put my foot flat please all the help would be greatly appreiciated or would i be best of just buying a crete engine nd putting it in my car PLZ HELP NO IDEA WHAT TO DO

Couple of things first, as this is your first post, welcome to the site.

Your question is OK. Just use punctuation to ask it, it makes what you are trying to say so much easier to understand.

Consider what you paid for the SR and what a XR6T would have cost. You will be paying alot more to turbo your SR properly than what it would have cost to pick up a good XR6T. If you Turbo your car it won't be legal but a XR6T will. But maybe this is what you want, so if it is good for you.

What you need to ask yourself is, what RwKw do I want, what torque at the rear?
What is your gearbox?
What diff ratios are you running?
How many Km on your current engine?
What is your Budget?

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Wagon Turbo, Ba Fairlane G220

VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
Toddy32 wrote:

Couple of things first, as this is your first post, welcome to the site.

Your question is OK. Just use punctuation to ask it, it makes what you are trying to say so much easier to understand.

Consider what you paid for the SR and what a XR6T would have cost. You will be paying alot more to turbo your SR properly than what it would have cost to pick up a good XR6T. If you Turbo your car it won't be legal but a XR6T will. But maybe this is what you want, so if it is good for you.

What you need to ask yourself is, what RwKw do I want, what torque at the rear?
What is your gearbox?
What diff ratios are you running?
How many Km on your current engine?
What is your Budget?

Agree here apart from the legal part. It is still legal to put the turbo gear in the ba as that model came factory with that option.

And I would suggest doing a bit of reading there is plenty of threads about doing this. Its not just as simple as bolting on a turbo and getting max power.

Congo Green Ba Wagon With F6 6 Speed Manual Driveline.

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:00 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2005 Ba falcon sr mk2

NSW, Australia

Look i dont know anything about cars as this is my first ever owed car ok look if its just stupid to turbo my ba sr then can sum1 just please tell me part by part or things to do to it to make it a beast to gain max rwkw or horse power im able to get out of this car i just want a fast car thats gunna sit me back and just go real hard i havent got a clue bout this sh@& bout cars but i put a cold air intake into it yesturday what else could i do

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:09 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EB turbo

Power: 276 rwkw

SA, Australia

If you have no clue about cars, don't try to turbo yourself. Get an XR6t. Sooo cheap now.....
Then to make it faster doesn't cost the earth. There are 482,000 shops that tune them.....

EB 2,T5, snort kit, 3 inch, 044, turbosmart reg, LC1, 46lb, crow cam, EMS stinger
Now with 275.7 rwkw @13 psi

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:10 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 2008 BFII Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

It sounds like you need to have a serious look at whats around and also decide what you really want. I drove a mate to grafton last month to get a mint ba xr6t with 165xxxkm for 6k.
Im in the process of turboing a bf2 ghia. All up its the other side of 35k and 7 months and counting. .. you are much much better off buying a fast car than trying to make a slow car fast.
Also be sure a fast car is what you want. A lot of people get excited about big power cars and then fill their pants when they actually drive or even just sit in one. If youve got any mates that have something with serious firepower I.e 450 rwkw+ or good for a mid 10's pass get a spin in it before you go down the fast car route so you know thats what you want. And performance engines are like thoroughbred racehorses. Touch skittish fragile compared to the donkeys that go around for 2 million km in cabs etc.
Much better off just getting a good exhaust heads back decent intake and a llittle tune up. You will have a lot more fun hooning around safely and sounding fast than actually going fast

Rocky AKA The Tractor- ED Gli head+cam 3.7 limo 2x15' subs - gone but not forgotten
RED-JET - BFII Fairmont Ghia - Under Construction...
Rambo - NCII Fairlane Ghia 5.0l - just a daily runaround...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]