Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

It looks the goods.

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:16 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

JoeXR6 wrote:
Thanks Sly, a pic would be helpful if you got a chance.

OK here is the BBM actuator on the front of the manifold:

and here it is with the vacuum line disconnected and plugged. I just used a barbed vacuum hose joiner with a cap on the end. You can get these from Supercheap etc. I think it might be a 4mm joiner. The detail's a bit blurry as the camera was a bit close, but you should get the idea. This will leave the butterflies open, ie switched to short runners:

Vacuum is needed to hold the butterflies closed & make use of the long runners. I tested the line with a vacuum gauge. The vacuum doesn't vary with revs or throttle position, so it's not manifold vacuum and the boost from the SC won't interfere with it. Most likely the vacuum is supplied from the HVAC vacuum tank.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:59 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU111 XR6 VCT Supercharged

QLD, Australia

Thanks Sly, but I can't see the pics....just a little box with a red X in it. Problem at my end?

I'll be keen to give this a go and see what difference there is.

I spoke with my dyno tuner on the topic, and his response was that I'd be better off retaining the butterflies. "The reason is that you will lose too much below 4000rpm. In dyno runs I have done on production race engines , the runners contribute a significant amount of torque below 4000rpm.
Even in a forced induction engine such as yours , I feel there are major benefits in retaining the 2 stage runners".

No harm in trying the options though! Hopefully I can see those pics.

FOR SALE! - Supercharged AUIII XR6 VCT, intercooled, T5, big brakes.... details in the 'For Sale' section - ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-supercharged-au-xr6-vct-series-iii-intercooled-rwc-rego-t114254.html

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:43 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

They are Photobucket links enclosed in IMG tags. This is the preferred way of displaying images on AFF, sorry I assumed it would work here too.

Try these links & see if they work. If not can someone tell me the best way to display images here?
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc24 ... 616011.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc24 ... 616012.jpg

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:14 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU111 XR6 VCT Supercharged

QLD, Australia

Thanks Sly, those pics make it simple. Funny....I can now see your original pics on this page. I find that often I can see pics one day and not the next.

I'll try plugging my vacuum line to see how the car behaves on constant short runners.

FOR SALE! - Supercharged AUIII XR6 VCT, intercooled, T5, big brakes.... details in the 'For Sale' section - ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-supercharged-au-xr6-vct-series-iii-intercooled-rwc-rego-t114254.html

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2