Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: thanks
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

el gli sleeper wrote:
thanks for the advice i have mounted the intercooler and it wasnt as bad as i thoght but now i have to take the motor out just wont to know wat kind of low comp pistons to useis there eny made just for 4 ltrs or do i have to have custom made ones if eny one knows and i dare say it will be at ballarat drags should run a good time down the 8th i hope

yeah grab a set from ACL the race series pistons can be bought to fit your falcon otherwise Mark at ITS might be able to help if you are after custom pistons to help lower comp further

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

EBXR8380 wrote:
Singe..Like ..This 91mm Presicion..

that looks insane ... tell me more :shock:

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF XR8 & 2002 GSXR-1000

WA, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
because brad he has no idea what hes talking about. :P

Ill pay that.

I don't know a hell of a lot about the turbos, but I have a few mates with TT imports, and they all have intentions of moving to a big single in the near future. Don't know how much of a difference this translates to on the 4L though. Suppose it depends on what you are looking for out of it as well.

I have always been told they are easier in general (tuning/modifying/installing etc) on the in-line engines. A little more difficult to set up on the V engines though.

Back to that pic... Agreed. More details please.

The fast fun: Suzuki GSXR1000
The one I use when I can't use the fast fun: Blown EF XR8

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

If you are buying new go a big single, but if you are going second hand you normally have problems finding a suitable size turbo, so then you go twin ex Jap import turbos, cheap as chips.

If you choose well in engine and turbo size combination there shouldn't be much difference in lag between a well setup twin setup and a big single, but more likely better performance and much less piping mess.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Post subject: Re: thanks
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

el gli sleeper wrote:
Thanks for the advice i have mounted the intercooler and it wasn’t as bad as i thought.

But now i have to take the motor out, I just want to know what kind of low comp pistons to use, is there any made just for 4 ltrs or do I have to have custom made ones, if any one knows.

I dare say it will be at Ballarat drags should run a good time down the 8th I hope

BA rods and pistons fit and the total length ends up being around 8 or 9thou shorter. aftermarket H-beam rods from atomic are cheaper the stock XR6T rods new from ford.

they are a drop fit. the only thing you'll need to do is flycut the pistons for the 2 valve head.

(Info come) from the guy at ractec that built pyroas engine.)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2