Fordmods Logo

my first build up 

 

Page 2 of 4 [ 48 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:46 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Posts: 58

Joined: 3rd Jul 2005

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

thanks for the info,i will look into the clearence of the swaybar as u said.becuase the manifolds r custom made i hoping for good clearence all round.just one other thing what radiator r u running in your car?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:46 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 3406

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Ride: AU2 Ute

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

Have you got any of the parts together yet?

As a guide Im running a GT40 on my AU and I have 261 rwkw on 10psi and 293rwkw on 14psi but Im not making power over 4000rpm, I need to upgrade my valve springs. Then the boost will be turned up more.

If I dont run in the 11's with 300rkw I will be disappointed.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:30 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Posts: 58

Joined: 3rd Jul 2005

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

the engine & auto is complete just waiting for the body to be painted.the enigine is on the stand fitting all the front with brand new el items as i want the single belt system.the turbo is brand new,brand new wastegate,just need to get a bov but dont know which one to get.gee i hope to get figures like that you did well mate!!!!!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:26 pm 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert
Offline
User avatar

Age: 37

Posts: 2121

Joined: 14th Dec 2004

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

Location: Traralgon
VIC, Australia

They are good figures but certainly obtainable with the correct preperation.

I would use 3" cooler piping, i found this made a huge difference to response.

 

_________________


Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:42 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Posts: 58

Joined: 3rd Jul 2005

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

wot size turbo r u running?the cooler outlets r only 2.5'.do u think it will be a problem?my turbo exhaust is 1.06 and inlet.74.im trying to get as much power as i can on max 22psi,as the engine has been built for 22psi.for weekend use it will only be at 14psi.i might try one day at 26psi see wot happens.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:46 pm 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert
Offline
User avatar

Age: 37

Posts: 2121

Joined: 14th Dec 2004

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

Location: Traralgon
VIC, Australia

xf4ltrturbo wrote:
wot size turbo r u running?the cooler outlets r only 2.5'.do u think it will be a problem?my turbo exhaust is 1.06 and inlet.74.im trying to get as much power as i can on max 22psi,as the engine has been built for 22psi.for weekend use it will only be at 14psi.i might try one day at 26psi see wot happens.


2.5" will be a restriction at those boost levels. I am running a Garrett GT35/40 700hp and am getting 407rwkw @ 19psi.

at 309rwkw 2.5" piping was a restriction and my response and fuel economy have both improved as a result of going 3" inch, altohugh i also changed plenniumu so that may have assisted.

 

_________________


Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:51 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Posts: 58

Joined: 3rd Jul 2005

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

do you think i should change the outlets on the cooler to 3"?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:57 pm 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert
Offline
User avatar

Age: 37

Posts: 2121

Joined: 14th Dec 2004

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

Location: Traralgon
VIC, Australia

In my opinion YES

I had to take my front bar off and remove the cooler to do that mod so if it can be done reasonably simply now then i would be doing it,

 

_________________


Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:01 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Posts: 58

Joined: 3rd Jul 2005

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

is the piping from the turbo to the cooler 3" also?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 3406

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Ride: AU2 Ute

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

My piping is only 2.5 inch at the moment with 293. I will upping the boost once the valve springs are done. Ill let you know how it goes.

My GT40 has the 1.06 rear and .70 front housing.

My goal is 350rwkw which should be enough to run a 10 second quarter.

If it doesnt acheive this then I may start looking at a new cooler and piping. My cooler now is fairly small in comparison to most others and is a tube and fin design rather than bar and plate.

But if I make 350 Ill stop. Im not after 400+ like others, I cant afford nor do I want to upgrade to a $10,000 transmission to put up with it. The auto probably wont last for long at 350 either so on the road boost will be down to 7psi. Which is still plenty to get the car sideways running an LSD and 245/19 Azenis.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:39 pm 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert
Offline
User avatar

Age: 37

Posts: 2121

Joined: 14th Dec 2004

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

Location: Traralgon
VIC, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
My piping is only 2.5 inch at the moment with 293. I will upping the boost once the valve springs are done. Ill let you know how it goes.

My GT40 has the 1.06 rear and .70 front housing.

My goal is 350rwkw which should be enough to run a 10 second quarter.

If it doesnt acheive this then I may start looking at a new cooler and piping. My cooler now is fairly small in comparison to most others and is a tube and fin design rather than bar and plate.

But if I make 350 Ill stop. Im not after 400+ like others, I cant afford nor do I want to upgrade to a $10,000 transmission to put up with it. The auto probably wont last for long at 350 either so on the road boost will be down to 7psi. Which is still plenty to get the car sideways running an LSD and 245/19 Azenis.


Not refering to anyone i might know are you?


xf4ltrturbo wrote:
is the piping from the turbo to the cooler 3" also?

Yes my entire system is 3" mandrel bent piping, from the exit of the turbo to the plennimum itself

 

_________________


Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 3406

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Ride: AU2 Ute

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

pyroay wrote:
Dansedgli wrote:
My piping is only 2.5 inch at the moment with 293. I will upping the boost once the valve springs are done. Ill let you know how it goes.

My GT40 has the 1.06 rear and .70 front housing.

My goal is 350rwkw which should be enough to run a 10 second quarter.

If it doesnt acheive this then I may start looking at a new cooler and piping. My cooler now is fairly small in comparison to most others and is a tube and fin design rather than bar and plate.

But if I make 350 Ill stop. Im not after 400+ like others, I cant afford nor do I want to upgrade to a $10,000 transmission to put up with it. The auto probably wont last for long at 350 either so on the road boost will be down to 7psi. Which is still plenty to get the car sideways running an LSD and 245/19 Azenis.


Not refering to anyone i might know are you?


xf4ltrturbo wrote:
is the piping from the turbo to the cooler 3" also?

Yes my entire system is 3" mandrel bent piping, from the exit of the turbo to the plennimum itself


Erm no! :o If I had a manual I would try it but the auto is too expensive to replace. Plus my goals are different. I want to run a 10 so 350 will be enough and you have a showcar so bragging rights like huge figures are important. I know im impressed by anyone with over 293 rwkw that drives the car everyday! :shock:

Thats not to say if my auto dies and a t56 falls into my lap I wont try and crack the 400's :D

Its all $$$$ really isnt it.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:57 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Posts: 58

Joined: 3rd Jul 2005

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

gee theres is not that much different between mine and yours,although your running fuel mines straight gas.if i get thaose kind of figures s**t yeh ill stop at that.like i said not greedy on power but want a comfortable 12 on not big boost.then yeh try quicker later in when everything settles.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 3406

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Ride: AU2 Ute

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

Are you building the car yourself? I only know of 1 10 second EL, is the that PET car?

Jason Ghiller built my engine at Gas research.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:43 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Posts: 58

Joined: 3rd Jul 2005

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

yeh pet mod el is correct,jasons brother inlaw is one of my tech's that works for me.yes im buiding car (trying to do as much as possible to keep costs down and to learn)jason is the one that inspired me to build this car.he is a wizard with gas.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:28 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names