Fordmods Logo

No vacum/pcv lines au 4.0 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: No vacum/pcv lines au 4.0
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:28 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EF falcon

WA, Australia

Will having no vacum to the crank or just breathers creat blow by and dip stick poping out please not this motor never had any vacum it just had a breather running out of the rocker cover .

Question I'm try to ask is do u need a great amount of vacum pressure to try and stop dipsticks popping out and blow by or is the vacum just there to vent fuel vapiors

Post subject: Re: No vacum/pcv lines au 4.0
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:22 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

having no pcv wont cause blow by, the pcv only has vacuum at idle, light cruising and deceleration,,
when connected, the pcv does draw air through the breather and sucks engine vapour into the manifold and burns it off , but if you already have excessive blow by.
by connecting the pcv you may now start drawing oil into your intake making it worse..
fitting larger breathers and adding a catch can can help with controlling the problem, but its only going to get worse.

imo if you have that much blow by that your dipstick is getting pushed out even with open breathers, your engine is pretty much done for...

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:59 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Ok cheers :)

The donks got 9 psi going into it goes like a cut snake I would think if it got worn rings it would no go as well as it does ?? . no oil coming out of exhaust ports no smoke coming from exhaust

I hear the blow by is normal to have on any turbo/superhargedcar and most do have blow by .

My dip stuck is really loose just about falls out
And the bloke I brought he car off ran 2 pipes off the rocker coverto cathc cans venting directly about the three drain back holes it the head so any blow by and the cans would off been getting every bit of it

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:35 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

my ed was a turbo au motor, it would take 18psi before it would start to push the dipstick out, and that's 4 years of boost on a used stock engine using factory size breathers,

to push it out at 9 psi is a bit of a worry ..... you could put a spring on the dipstick to hold it in, but the pressure is just going to go else were...

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:45 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Ok cheers :)

Ill give it a shot see how I go

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]