Fordmods Logo

Powerdyne compare Raptor 

Page 2 of 10 [ 139 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

Yeah freak at a burnout comp says it all don't it,lotsa heat no air,good for him.

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:30 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: Commodore VZ SV6

QLD, Australia

Freak

What you say is correct to a point, the first time oil contamination of the SC from engine breather oil ruined the internal drive. Not a fault of the product, engine byblow was above normal. If an engine is tired and held at full RPM (burnout comp) then obviously can occur.

In the second instance the cause is not known by me or anyone else until the unit is returned to us, quite possible could be same cause since there is no record of it breathing problem being fixed. It should hopefully show up in a the next week, can check it then.

Oil contamination will always fail any charger type with internal belt drive. Its not uncommon to rebuild up to 4 Powerdynes per week because of oil contamination, not a fault of the charger in those cases nor in the case of Raptor.

I also supply parts for the gear drive brands as well, everything can be broken for one reason or another. It just depends on how well the manufacturer stands behind their product in the long run. Again not really any fault of the unit generally just depends on the abuse it gets.

Raptor SC, blow your mind ..... not your wallet

Holden VZ SV6 Alloytec - 270rwkw (premium SC kit)

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: slammed EL

Power: 120 rwkw

SA, Australia

another mate of mine has a raptor blower on his VY V6 ute he has had that on for about 18month and had no problems.
my point is its all how you drive it.
my group of burnout hounds have desided raptor arnt up to what get thrown round on the pad.lol

Ford Motor Company
FoMoCo

Holden Motor Company
HoMoCo

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

All how you drive it, as you say. I'm just after a sleeper for the street that might see the top side of 5000rpm once or twice a week, probably not much more than 4000 in everyday use. Changing up at 4000 or so drops the revs back to 3000... it'll be in a nice range where it'll go noticeably better than it does now.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Post subject: Raptor
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:58 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

QLD, Australia

Normally I find that if a customer actually has an internal belt failure (Raptor) I keep an ear open for a while afterwards, if I start hearing things like diff breaking, axles breaking, gearbox breaking then I can be sure that the product is being given 200% workout. Then I know more about the actual cause and not much one can do with the level of use gets to those levels.

Some people are shocked when i take them for a drive, its like man I never hit mine that hard :) more just a lot of RPM constantly :D

Failure can come from many things (ask any car manufacturer), its a matter of customer support.

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

G'day Tradewind, welcome to fordmod mate. are you Tim by any chance?

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:50 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

QLD, Australia

I am indeed, and I respect the forum so I don't want to go over board about ourselves until we become a sponsor or something similar. There was a point to address and let people know about other than that I am in the background for the moment

Welcome to PM me or whatever if you like no worries if its directly product related.

I should change my ride details as well, have an AU2 6 cyl Ute now which has more relevance here than my VY

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

Wow, who's a cheeky monkey then.

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Tradewind wrote:
I am indeed, and I respect the forum so I don't want to go over board about ourselves until we become a sponsor or something similar. There was a point to address and let people know about other than that I am in the background for the moment

Welcome to PM me or whatever if you like no worries if its directly product related.

I should change my ride details as well, have an AU2 6 cyl Ute now which has more relevance here than my VY
No worries mate, i was going to email you a month ago in regards to group buy. but since you're in the scene, we'll just play it by ear for now.

by the way, whats the rated CFM for the raptor-V and would you be making the "R" available for the i6?

Cheers

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Post subject: Group buy
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:12 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

QLD, Australia

Will PM you my thoughts on this, will support group buy tho, can do that no problem.

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Tradewind wrote:

I e-mailed you this morning, waiting on the response. E-mail address was something like raptorsc@westnet or something like that - found it on your website.

Do you have any thoughts about Raptor vs PD as discussed above (in particular a PD fitted with the upgrades you offer)?

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:16 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

Slick wrote:
by the way, whats the rated CFM for the raptor-V

750cfm. Good info/detail on the Raptor V on www.928motorsports.com. The Yanks seem to expect a higher level of technical detail about products on their websites than seems to be the norm here.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:05 am 
Commercial Sponsor

QLD, Australia

twr7cx

I sent you a PM just now

Post subject: CFM
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:13 am 
Commercial Sponsor

QLD, Australia

The impeller and cover can flow air for 370rwkw on a Gen 3 and it is designed to flow much more, however the transmission is then going beyond its speed limit of 56 000rpm and becomes unreliable as does anything operated will beyond its speed limit.

With an ultra high speed Gear Drive in Raptor V all other superchargers in this class could not compete .... end of story. The impeller and cover are that good. No gear drive planned for V.

Raptor V is operated within the constraints of its transmission and 10 - 12psi is great pressure for the price and the very small size of the unit. The flow for size is why it is becoming sought after in the USA.

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

For those that are interested in the aftermarket PD parts from Raptor SC.

The impellor is $550.00.
The replacement shafts are $280.00.

I'm still waiting on a responce with the prices of the better belt and bearings.
and also weather or not he sells the pulleys themselves.

He does not offer the vent mod that 928 Motorsports in the US offers, but instead can do an active cooling system for $280.00 including full external fan and hose system.

O, and the Raptors impellors are made and ceramic coated overseas, so he cannot offer a replacement PD impellor that is ceramic coated.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 10  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next