Fordmods Logo

Project 400rwkw - How would you do it? 

 

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: Project 400rwkw - How would you do it?
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 139

Joined: 23rd Mar 2008

Ride: AU Falcon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Best example, if you have the cash:

382 RWKW with only a tune

400 with a tune plus water injection as there is no stock inter-cooling for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9aNXqJmfkE

If you wanna do it cheaper the GS is a detuned version of the GT. The same tune will give you the same power. This same guy has a vid of that.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project 400rwkw - How would you do it?
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 139

Joined: 23rd Mar 2008

Ride: AU Falcon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Newer video as well with some extra mods as he explains:

This time 456 RWKWs

http://www.youtube.com/user/intunemotor ... DNeIoIGjB4
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project 400rwkw - How would you do it?
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 591

Joined: 28th May 2011

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Futura DUH

Location: central coast
NSW, Australia

rhys.c wrote:
Newer video as well with some extra mods as he explains:

This time 456 RWKWs

http://www.youtube.com/user/intunemotor ... DNeIoIGjB4


This is the car I mentioned earlier. Unbelievable!

 

_________________

1996 EF Futura factory manual
Fully rebuilt engine,Decked, Honed, Bored, Tolerences spot on, Wade 1673, Extractors, 2.5" zorst, 3" CAI, High flow filter, Exedy sports tuff clutch, Chiptorque tune.
Future Mods: A mortgage...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project 400rwkw - How would you do it?
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 659

Joined: 14th Apr 2006

Ride: EF Fairmont Sedan

Power: 180 rwkw

Location: Ferntree Gully
VIC, Australia

Branchy from http://www.bulletperformanceracing.com.au

2001 FPV GS Ute (Not a GT)
Engine: STD No Mods
Exhaust: STD No Mods
Trans: STD No Mods
Diff: STD No Mods
Suspention: STD No Mods
Air Induction: K&N
ECU : BPR470 Tune

Image

Only been at the drags once at the 2011 Aff Drag Nats

Best Run
Reaction Time: 0.7181
60' 1.7552
330' 4.8709
660' 7.4852
660' Speed 92.71mph
1000' 9.7258
ET 11.6378 @ 118.08mph

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w23VHpttuHo

GS315 Stock Tune - Stock Filter 262.3 rwkw
GT335 Stock Tune - Stock Filter 284.3 rwkw
BPR Tune 9psi - Stock Filter 330.1 rwkw
BPR Tune 9psi - K&N Filter 350.5 rwkw
BPR Tune 9.2psi - Peak 9.5psi - K&N Filter 375.7 rwkw
BPR Tune 9.5psi - Peak 10.0psi - K&N Filter 398.0 rwkw

All dyno sheets and info here http://bpracing.com.au/Ford-FG-FPV%20GS%20GT.html

 

_________________

PROEF 13.46 @ 105.78mph - 1994 Ford Fairmont EF NA 6cyl Man 3.9 diff Sedan
Stock Fuel Pump, 29lb Injectors, JMM Street Series Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, 205rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project 400rwkw - How would you do it?
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 141

Joined: 6th Jul 2008

Ride: FORD FE LTD TURBO/ XE TURBO

Location: LIVERPOOL
NSW, Australia

meh, be original, buy my ltd, run 9's with 5 more psi and some bigger tyres and drive around all day on 55cents per litre and never get looked at by cops. Oh, and it's cheaper than all your options and done 10.6 already..... lol

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project 400rwkw - How would you do it?
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

I'd be prepared to step it up another level judge.

Your driveline in a competition eliminator dragster frame. Easy 8's all day every day.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project 400rwkw - How would you do it?
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 4599

Joined: 30th Aug 2010

Ride: BF XR6,

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

The Judge wrote:
meh, be original, buy my ltd, run 9's with 5 more psi and some bigger tyres and drive around all day on 55cents per litre and never get looked at by cops. Oh, and it's cheaper than all your options and done 10.6 already..... lol

fuk yeah! much more fun than a brand new car

 

_________________

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project 400rwkw - How would you do it?
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 141

Joined: 6th Jul 2008

Ride: FORD FE LTD TURBO/ XE TURBO

Location: LIVERPOOL
NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
I'd be prepared to step it up another level judge.

Your driveline in a competition eliminator dragster frame. Easy 8's all day every day.


:D
Put some perspective on it..... it ran the number, spinning 3/4's of the track with a 1750 kg weight and 26 inch tyres, a stallie which I believe was too high and a gearbox which broke after 1500kms.
Now it's going into a 1310 kg car, 28 inch slicks and front runners, 5 more psi and a brand new gearbox which has a lower stallie. The car as is has come alive with just the gearbox rebuild.

As soon as it's all in, I reckon it's gonna slap the 9 with ease.

We'll see. Anyway, all that and it will still be way more fun as you tramp just about anything on the street without any hassle from cops, emissions or thieves who will pass it off as just another x cabbie on lpg lol no pun intended.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project 400rwkw - How would you do it?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 1260

Joined: 11th Dec 2010

Ride: EL xr6

Location: Craigieburn
VIC, Australia

The Judge wrote:
xcabbi wrote:
I'd be prepared to step it up another level judge.

Your driveline in a competition eliminator dragster frame. Easy 8's all day every day.


:D
Put some perspective on it..... it ran the number, spinning 3/4's of the track with a 1750 kg weight and 26 inch tyres, a stallie which I believe was too high and a gearbox which broke after 1500kms.
Now it's going into a 1310 kg car, 28 inch slicks and front runners, 5 more psi and a brand new gearbox which has a lower stallie. The car as is has come alive with just the gearbox rebuild.

As soon as it's all in, I reckon it's gonna slap the 9 with ease.

We'll see. Anyway, all that and it will still be way more fun as you tramp just about anything on the street without any hassle from cops, emissions or thieves who will pass it off as just another x cabbie on lpg lol no pun intended.


if you dont mind me asking whats the set up setting you back?

 

_________________

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project 400rwkw - How would you do it?
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:13 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 4

Joined: 6th Jun 2011

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG Falcon/XR6 Turbo

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

DRHEMI wrote:
Branchy from http://www.bulletperformanceracing.com.au

2001 FPV GS Ute (Not a GT)
Engine: STD No Mods
Exhaust: STD No Mods
Trans: STD No Mods
Diff: STD No Mods
Suspention: STD No Mods
Air Induction: K&N
ECU : BPR470 Tune

Image

Only been at the drags once at the 2011 Aff Drag Nats

Best Run
Reaction Time: 0.7181
60' 1.7552
330' 4.8709
660' 7.4852
660' Speed 92.71mph
1000' 9.7258
ET 11.6378 @ 118.08mph

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w23VHpttuHo

GS315 Stock Tune - Stock Filter 262.3 rwkw
GT335 Stock Tune - Stock Filter 284.3 rwkw
BPR Tune 9psi - Stock Filter 330.1 rwkw
BPR Tune 9psi - K&N Filter 350.5 rwkw
BPR Tune 9.2psi - Peak 9.5psi - K&N Filter 375.7 rwkw
BPR Tune 9.5psi - Peak 10.0psi - K&N Filter 398.0 rwkw

All dyno sheets and info here http://bpracing.com.au/Ford-FG-FPV%20GS%20GT.html


Dyno Dynamic's numbers are always 30 - 40 kw over! with a 1.7 60 ft and 398 rwkws it should have done a 10.7! so I doubt that this car truely has 398 kws!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project 400rwkw - How would you do it?
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 141

Joined: 6th Jul 2008

Ride: FORD FE LTD TURBO/ XE TURBO

Location: LIVERPOOL
NSW, Australia

vevapower wrote:
DRHEMI wrote:
Branchy from http://www.bulletperformanceracing.com.au

2001 FPV GS Ute (Not a GT)
Engine: STD No Mods
Exhaust: STD No Mods
Trans: STD No Mods
Diff: STD No Mods
Suspention: STD No Mods
Air Induction: K&N
ECU : BPR470 Tune

Image

Only been at the drags once at the 2011 Aff Drag Nats

Best Run
Reaction Time: 0.7181
60' 1.7552
330' 4.8709
660' 7.4852
660' Speed 92.71mph
1000' 9.7258
ET 11.6378 @ 118.08mph

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w23VHpttuHo

GS315 Stock Tune - Stock Filter 262.3 rwkw
GT335 Stock Tune - Stock Filter 284.3 rwkw
BPR Tune 9psi - Stock Filter 330.1 rwkw
BPR Tune 9psi - K&N Filter 350.5 rwkw
BPR Tune 9.2psi - Peak 9.5psi - K&N Filter 375.7 rwkw
BPR Tune 9.5psi - Peak 10.0psi - K&N Filter 398.0 rwkw

All dyno sheets and info here http://bpracing.com.au/Ford-FG-FPV%20GS%20GT.html


Dyno Dynamic's numbers are always 30 - 40 kw over! with a 1.7 60 ft and 398 rwkws it should have done a 10.7! so I doubt that this car truely has 398 kws!


This is true but it could have that power easy and not be able to put it down properly. My car supposedly made less than that but ran the number no issues. A lot more to it before you can say someones dyno reading is not right but still, dyno's mean jack and you're right, they do vary. Still 20 kw here or there that's a respectable figure in that car and would be fun as hell to drive.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project 400rwkw - How would you do it?
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 141

Joined: 6th Jul 2008

Ride: FORD FE LTD TURBO/ XE TURBO

Location: LIVERPOOL
NSW, Australia

wild-el wrote:
The Judge wrote:
xcabbi wrote:
I'd be prepared to step it up another level judge.

Your driveline in a competition eliminator dragster frame. Easy 8's all day every day.


:D
Put some perspective on it..... it ran the number, spinning 3/4's of the track with a 1750 kg weight and 26 inch tyres, a stallie which I believe was too high and a gearbox which broke after 1500kms.
Now it's going into a 1310 kg car, 28 inch slicks and front runners, 5 more psi and a brand new gearbox which has a lower stallie. The car as is has come alive with just the gearbox rebuild.

As soon as it's all in, I reckon it's gonna slap the 9 with ease.

We'll see. Anyway, all that and it will still be way more fun as you tramp just about anything on the street without any hassle from cops, emissions or thieves who will pass it off as just another x cabbie on lpg lol no pun intended.


if you dont mind me asking whats the set up setting you back?


pm sent

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project 400rwkw - How would you do it?
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

The Judge wrote:

pm sent


Wouldn't want to send me that same pm champ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project 400rwkw - How would you do it?
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 64

Posts: 3552

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

Location: Penrith
NSW, Australia

That much !!! Scheeeze !!

 

_________________

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Project 400rwkw - How would you do it?
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 1260

Joined: 11th Dec 2010

Ride: EL xr6

Location: Craigieburn
VIC, Australia

EBXR8380 wrote:
That much !!! Scheeeze !!


hahaha yeah i reckon

 

_________________

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:20 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names