Fordmods Logo

RAPTOR V on my XR8 

Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

Yeah mate i dont think it is either before the boost gauge let go it showed 7 psi @4600 rpm but i still think the gauge was suspect, will be getting another one shortly.

I will be putting a video on you tube and i will put the link up after its done.

Brad

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Heres the link i have tried to do it so my number plate doesnt show, also that was the day after i put it on and couldnt rev over 3000rpm(due to running it in).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv_yu-9jMAM

Brad

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Love the whine there mate.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of power did she make?

Good on you for having ago and making a raptor fit on. :wink:

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

The whining is a bit high for my liking but still ok.
Just got my qoute on a BA i6 for $5200, thats a full self install kit with all the parts for the job :P... well, I hope its all there!

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

In neutral the cars revs stay alittle bit high like just on and over 1000rpm, when in drive its alot quiter than that.

Went through Mac fiels last night to see some work friends and cops were everywhere and behind me, didnt even get a breathe test as it usualy happens through there.

Car sounds sweet when you drive away and you hear the charger whine as you go through the gears.

Brad

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Have been cruzin in the xr8 over christmas and its beautiful havent dynoed it yet as i have been far too busy.

Attachments:
pre raptor.jpg
pre raptor.jpg [ 147.58 KiB | Viewed 219 times ]
side left.jpg
side left.jpg [ 118.15 KiB | Viewed 205 times ]
side right.jpg
side right.jpg [ 118.94 KiB | Viewed 184 times ]
up close.jpg
up close.jpg [ 81.87 KiB | Viewed 220 times ]

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:39 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

Any updates Brad? Or are you too busy enjoying the car to share the love? ...LOL

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

going to have to drop in to liverpool where the maccas and krispy kremes is on the cumberland highway one fri night.. *underneath the car wash awnings on the corner of the car park intersection).. we have a decent turnout every week... (for NSW anyways.. lol 5-10 cars)

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

I have been enjoying the car far too much, i was at kk two weeks ago to get a maccas coke and i returned to have the car not idle properly.

I then went and opened the bonnet to see what the deal was and the three white commodores in front of me were watching my with smiles(bastards) anyway it was the intake pipe to the blower i hadnt tightened it up enough hahha. took the car back home to were there was a desserted back street and tryed her out, i had changed the blower inlet pipe to a 3'' item.

She made 5 psi at 3500 and wheel spined to 80 was carzy, tho the auto isnt happy and does stupid things so yeah.

I also made a boxed up pod and it sucks a** is only making 2.5 psi now its too restrictive and i have adjusted tps- still needs to be adjusted to .98v

I will make another vid for youtube shortly when i make another box for pod that isnt out of two 2L coke bottles silasticked together ha.

Brad

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

I ended up cutting a hole in the passenger inner guard and putting a pod just infront of the wheel inside the arch, maybe another option.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:48 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Maybe the intake pipe & boxed pod from a BA XR8 might fit with some persuasion? IIRC it has a tube from the pod that picks up cold air from the high pressure zone behind the headlight. Macarthur wreckers might have some?

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I cant cut through the wheel arch because i have abs and its in the way,
and about fitting anything bigger than whats already in there is just not going to happen. I am considering getting a mushroom pod filter and then making the box/enclosure for that, should be a little shorter than whats on it now.

I have been messing around with the vacuum lines from the back of the H.O manifold and were the breather comes out it pops off when you drive it and oil gets throwen out onto the headers, so i took out the line to it and made my own that goes to a catch can= didnt like to idle really rough and really lumpy so i atached it back to the vacuum port on the manifold and ildes sweet again but unfortunatly the rear breather has once again popped off. Im gonna weld that b**ch up .

Am really thinking of switching to explorer manifold to fix that issue.

Thanks Brad

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:16 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

I'm hearin' ya. Always some teething probs when you go it alone, but more power to you for having a go. Hopefully when the Raptor EF-AU I6 kit comes out that sort of thing will be sorted & I can just bolt it on and gooooooOOOOOO!!!!!.

I guess you haven't had it on the dyno yet then?

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

No havent had it on a dyno yet , the issue im having the 6's shouldnt have because ford didnt put a s**t little plastic gromet that doesnt even screw in like they did with the 5L with the H.O intake.

Im very sure Raptor have made this kit for EF to AU.

IMO these raptors are a pretty good unit very good alternative to capa but yes you will get alot of teething problems when you go it alone, but i just know that when its all done and finished it will be worth it, which it has been so far been very impressed because my cars done over 300,000 kays.

Brad

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:22 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

The Raptor kit for the VCT AU engines was ready before Christmas. Kits for the other I6's are still in development, I'm just one of many waiting for an email when they're ready to ship. My car has 330,000km up, but compression is strong & even... should be all good.

To be updated... soon!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next