Fordmods Logo

recommend a turbo for my EB V8 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 5lt Turbo NC, TE V6 Gemini

VIC, Australia

Paul Librio at Alleyworks in Castlemaine is making my pipes... ive already got a tial 50mm external wastegate, 600 x30 x 100mm intercooler, and a turbosmart blow off valve, the onl thing left now is the turbo. Where can i get a 51r from? Ive never had to buy this stuff before, and the local autobarn seems fairly useless... and im throwing a set of new head gaskets in it next week? Any tips or hints from the guys that have done this?

Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Duz360 from calais turbo can get you one for $2400.

Post subject: turbo
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ive bought a couple master power turbo unit's are and they are great units for the price.

Oliver from Frantik in Auckland - New Zealand- Tel 64 9 813 4693 - Fax 64 9 813 4697

e.mail oliver@frantik.co.nz

Jusr email oliver and he will help you out in what you need. He also has a website but carnt remember what it was. Oliver is the New Zealand Master Power Distributor

Click on this link and bottom left pf the page is the catalogue and u can find what turbo suits you;

http://www.partsexpressonline.com/

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The problem with std 5.0 roller blocks is there weakness...
Keep the turbo size conserative so power range is sweet spot on your turbine map... No point in having a 1000 h.p turbo which can only run 450 h.p...
If you are blowing head gaskets your tune is way off... Max advance on 9 to 1 engine should be around 22* atleast on initial start up...
Btw 1011-1 are good n/a gaskets..
Forced induction use 9333-1 gaskets ....
Or multy metal gaskets like Cometic etc...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo

Power: 303 rwkw

VIC, Australia

The head gasket used on mine now is like an O ringed compsite gasket, had the block O ringed too.

Unfortunately my budget this time round didn't allow the stroker kit and stronger block but will be building up a new short all in good time.

I'm not sure who my turbo was purchased through but it was brand new which i think is the safest way to buy.

What size injectors are you thinking of going and what engine management?

EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo 303rwkw

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 5lt Turbo NC, TE V6 Gemini

VIC, Australia

not sure on injectors yet, but am intending on using a capa flash tune. A mate that works at SpeedWorks in Melbourne is slowlybuilding me up an engine, but the aim is reliability rather than outright power...

Mickyyy... i have emailed oliver about the T-70, i showed the specs to a mate that seems to think it may be too small?! He knows a little, and i really cautious on buying a turbo that doesnt suit me. Car is a weekender, and doesnt do many highway k's, mainly just driving round town and the occasional visitto the drags. At the end im hoping for 300kw@wheels once engine is finished

Post subject: turbo
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ive used a T70 on a rb30 and came on boost around 3200rpm and thats with a .84 exhaust housing.

You would have to speak to a experienced turbo fitter and tell them how you want the car to behave as it makes a big difference.

Ive never choosen a turbo for a v8 but i have for inline 6 like ford and rb30 and i have been spot on on how they come on boost but thats in a standard engine. When u have modified cam its a little harder to choose right turbo.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:01 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

If you look around you can find a gt42 plain bearing in either 800 or 1000hp for $1400 brand new in the box genuine Garrett with full warranty and the exhaust housings are interchangable with a few other Garrett turbos so you can play around with it a bit.

cheers Mic

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2