Fordmods Logo

supercharging i6 

Page 4 of 8 [ 110 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

I drove home from down the coast yesterday, I had a mate in the car (actually he drove the last leg home), my dog (65kg), a wagon boot full of junk, and we were towing a boat and both he and I were impressed with the torque from the Powerdyne when we were overtaking (and his car is a BA XR6T which my wagon is not as quick as).

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

Heres a little clip it was done the day after install and couldnt rev it past 3000 rpm. ( due to running the blower in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv_yu-9jMAM

Im going to add some more photos to my thread in the forced induction section later.

Brad

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: The DEVEL XR6

WA, Australia

Just hooked up speakers to my PC to watch your vid RAPTOR_XR8..

That's a mighty loud whine you got going on there ...I take it the whine dies down during the 'run-in' period?

That's what the VX dude told me anyway.

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.
QUARTER MILE PB: currently 14.590 @ 96.00 mph ...BOOST AHEAD!!

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Number 3 is also a little misleading, in that the supercharger is STILL turning and robbing crank power with the throttle closed, it also makes a fair bit of heat. Bypass valves generally help in this area but the supercharger is still using power directly from the crank while your idling, cruising etc.

well an engine with a roots/lysholme supercharger will make back the power its robbing by lifting diabetic efficiency when idling. motors are generally accepted to run around 70-80% DE, but will be closer to 100% with a properly fitted and setup screw charger. Pretty much breaks even at idle and builds instantly and very very hard.

Im sure someone could fab a bracket to sit a whipple where the BBM is. Then look out you turbo boys... I hate the exhaust note of turbos, give me SC for grunt and growl. dyno figures FTL.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:26 pm 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

if a roots psi blower is so power robbing old fashioned or turbo technically so boring , tell me why top fuel world champion drag teams use them only!!!!

NC2 Fairlane AU2 Intech 4.0 Wolf V500 ECU Accel 500cc Injectors Eaton M90 Blower MPx Porting 75mm Mustang TB Intercooler Holley 255lph EL XR6 Rear End 3.45 LSD Duel Fuel lots more.
Long and Very Nice

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

The power it produce outweighs the power it looses people. it does lose power but it makes more by as much as 100%. the only thing people should really fuss about is: will my engine cope?

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:43 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

i got a price from raptor for a set up for a ef 6.
they said they havnt advertised the price but the kit will be around $4500.

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

The reason why it was loud is because i need to clean the isc in neutral it sits at 1000 rpm, i do think its quieter since run in but you still get looks from ppl and they keep asking is that a gear drive ?.

I cannot feel a loss in power from running the charger, everyone says these centri blowers dont make any power till 3000 rpm. Well my car has so much more power off idle compared to stock its not funny, you get a fare amount of wheel spin and when she does get movin it FLYS.

I have been in my mates 180 sx and it is an animal putting out 255rwkw i wish oneday to hit that figure and his car is an animal but the manual makes it feel more animal, how my car is now i would have been able to beat his old setup... to bad he is running 20 psi/

In my opinion any type of forced induction at the same power level should produce close to the same times as each other its just that some make more power than others.

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8

NSW, Australia

More Grunt wrote:
Im sure someone could fab a bracket to sit a whipple where the BBM is. Then look out you turbo boys... give me SC for grunt and growl. dyno figures FTL.

Piece of cake!!! You wouldnt have a spare one u could lend me 'eh??...lol. Not sure how the bonnet clearance would be though, but it would sure look like sweet action!!!

Cheers

8-) Daz 8-)

BA XR8 Boss 260
DAZFAB......Now Mobile
Mink = GAY
DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DA22LE, XTT909, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN, SWC, FAT245

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

RAPTOR_XR8 wrote:
I cannot feel a loss in power from running the charger, everyone says these centri blowers dont make any power till 3000 rpm. Well my car has so much more power off idle compared to stock its not funny, you get a fare amount of wheel spin and when she does get movin it FLYS.

I definately have not lost any down low power, but off the line the car feels no different. But then I'm only currently running 6psi, bump it up to 9 and I reckon it'll give me some more ooomph a bit lower.
However, when rolling up to a Give Way sign etc and then booting it it definately pushes me back into my seat.

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

DA22LE wrote:
More Grunt wrote:
Im sure someone could fab a bracket to sit a whipple where the BBM is. Then look out you turbo boys... give me SC for grunt and growl. dyno figures FTL.

Piece of cake!!! You wouldnt have a spare one u could lend me 'eh??...lol. Not sure how the bonnet clearance would be though, but it would sure look like sweet action!!!

Cheers

8-) Daz 8-)

Piece of piss.

Probably easier to make a manifold up. This is Keedlez. Awesome car.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
i got a price from raptor for a set up for a ef 6.
they said they havnt advertised the price but the kit will be around $4500.

Does that include anything on the fuel side of things
?

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:23 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

this is what they list on there site.
9 psi boost
Parts included
XR6T injectors provided in kit
Polished metal piping and silicone hose
Substantial mounting bracket for perfect alignment
BOV
Pod type air filter
Flash Tuner with Raptor Generic Tune.

im waiting for them to get back to me with the full list of parts supplied and what i need to add.

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: The DEVEL XR6

WA, Australia

The E-series kit is not fully developed yet ...Tim from Raptor needs about 6 weeks to confidently release it.

Things to consider are your compression ratio (the Raptor needs about 8.6, so a decomp plate and head shaving are likely to be needed if you have a big cam) ...and the size of your extractors (primary pipe needs to be 40 mm diameter minimum).

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.
QUARTER MILE PB: currently 14.590 @ 96.00 mph ...BOOST AHEAD!!

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Falcon S6

WA, Australia

schnoods wrote:
DA22LE wrote:
More Grunt wrote:

Cheers

8-) Daz 8-)

Piece of piss.

Probably easier to make a manifold up. This is Keedlez. Awesome car.

haha pitty theres nothing in that engine bay at present!

360 CL Lebaron
Whipple EF

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 8  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next