supercharging i6 

Page 7 of 8 [ 110 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 02 xls ute 347

SA, Australia

doese any body now any one selling a sc for a 4.0l
im still peakin how cheap they sell them second hand for the buik engines on the commodores

02 series 3 AU marline ute 5speed 347 stroker

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:31 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

xfpaul wrote:
NC Fairlane 4.0 Eaton M90 Blower Intercooler Duel Fuel lots more.

Now THIS sounds interesting (as in what I'd like to do with my dual-fuel AU). Can you post or PM pics or details pls?????

The NC 'Lane is what, ED equivalent? So no broadband manifold. I wonder how an M90 would fit on an AU I6?

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:53 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

EBXR8380 wrote:
Powerdyne are just little better than leaf blowers...
Get a decent Vortech or Pro-charger....

If someone made a complete kit for these (or Paxton) it'd probably sell OK. Do you know someone who can fab up a bracket for an AU I6? Ideally someone who's done them before & already has a template.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:50 am 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

nc lane has changed again (i cant leave it alone) it had a weeping head gasket way back before the eaton , anyhow the thought about the the au head gasket etc. decided might as well go to the whole hog , shes now running au2 motor , nc sensors , log manifold , el ecu , au2 single belt drive inc the blower , it used to start laying off not likeing to rev at about 4500 would hit the 5700 limiter but didnt like it , now it just rips your head off from 3000 all the way to limiter , will get picks soon as soon as i stop driving it around

NC2 Fairlane AU2 Intech 4.0 Wolf V500 ECU Accel 500cc Injectors Eaton M90 Blower MPx Porting 75mm Mustang TB Intercooler Holley 255lph EL XR6 Rear End 3.45 LSD Duel Fuel lots more.
Long and Very Nice

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:57 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

sly wrote:
Slick wrote:
The RAPTOR is the best option for those who would like a decent trouble free setup because everything needed is in the package... has raptor ever thought of becoming a sponsor? :lol:

Raptor sponsors a couple of Holden sites AFAIK. He's been doing kits for Commonwhores for a while, they seem to be highly regarded. I think Tim might be a bit of a Ford man though, he's bought an AU ute to develop the non-VCT kit and I think he's planning to mod it beyond the level of his customer kits.

The CAPA Powerdyne kit used to be "the best option for those who would like a decent trouble free setup because everything needed is in the package"... and was almost universally bagged. Looks like Raptor will steal that market niche, it will be interesting to see if CAPA come through with Vortech Sealed kits for the I6. Their V2-SQ kits for the Holdens are better priced than CAPA kits used to be.

But I'm still not sure if a centrifugal blower is really what I'm after. My autobox stalls right on 2000rpm and I spend most of my time between 2000 and 4000 rpm, probably most of that between 2000 and 3000. Most people I've spoken to say they don't notice any improvement over stock until 3000rpm with a centrifugal blower. I want something that will be a noticeable (not necessarily huge) improvement over stock from 2000 up.

So ATM I am trying to find someone locally with the time and expertise to put together a turbo install on a dual-fuel engine, while watching a couple of AFF sponsors who have hinted at bringing out positive displacement kits for the I6 this year. Meanwhile I know a bloke nearby who has his heart set on a Raptor and will fit one as soonas the non-VCT kit is available. As his car is the XR6HP which differs from both the VCT XR6 and Tim's std ute, he's going to make a road trip to Mackay to get it custom tuned. His tune will then go in the kit for HP engines. So anyway I'll go for a spin with him when the car's tuned and see whether it's for me or not.

Slick wrote:
SLY, really appreciate for that reply, guys like you should really spent more time on here... cheers mate!!

My Mrs reckons I spend far too much time already :lol: , but it's mostly on AFF. I didn't really find what I was looking for when I first joined here, but this thread has been very interesting. I might drop in a bit more often.

i enquired with tim at raptor and he told me that in my case they will use the ef/el kit for the au hp non vct...
as thats what i got in my ea..
maybe there is a few things with the au ecu tune or something but the actuall s/c and mounting is the same as ef/el therefore they are the same kit...

and as i posted before i was quoted about $4500 for the kit..
im just waiting hear more comments about raptor before i committ to buy.

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:18 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Old mate is getting his fitted in 2-3 weeks if all goes according to plan. Will post my impressions when I get a chance to catch up with him after then.

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:21 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

xfpaul wrote:
nc lane has changed again (i cant leave it alone) it had a weeping head gasket way back before the eaton , anyhow the thought about the the au head gasket etc. decided might as well go to the whole hog , shes now running au2 motor , nc sensors , log manifold , el ecu , au2 single belt drive inc the blower , it used to start laying off not likeing to rev at about 4500 would hit the 5700 limiter but didnt like it , now it just rips your head off from 3000 all the way to limiter , will get picks soon as soon as i stop driving it around

I thought the Eaton would come on strong just off idle... or does it do so then just get better after 3000? Interested to see how the blower is mounted, piping etc.

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:24 am 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

even with the cruiser diff gears it pulls hard straight of idle like a heavily worked na small block chev , at 2500-3000 it kicks again , which is also about 70 ks in first gear it tries real hard to break traction , its fun keeping it straight its more fun pulling it through a turn in a true power slide not some pretend drift

NC2 Fairlane AU2 Intech 4.0 Wolf V500 ECU Accel 500cc Injectors Eaton M90 Blower MPx Porting 75mm Mustang TB Intercooler Holley 255lph EL XR6 Rear End 3.45 LSD Duel Fuel lots more.
Long and Very Nice

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:57 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

xfpaul wrote:

Do you have pictures of the Engine bay and how the Blower is mounted? Would appreciate if you could post some up.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

paulc wrote:
xfpaul wrote:

Do you have pictures of the Engine bay and how the Blower is mounted? Would appreciate if you could post some up.
Its setup like a sprintex. remember them? they're a Perth based company who use to make manifolds & superchagers for our humble i6 back in the 90's. sad to see them loosing interest. I think they came on to soon back then due to the fact it wasn't much of an exposure back then. I reckon this is the time to bring out the plains for they're setup. mind you, back then they were selling full kits for $4000. I suppose back then it was alot of money.
I might email & encourage them to take advantage of the internet, forums & the hoons. lol

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:13 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

I was talking to an LPG fitter today, whose boss has a supercharged Nissan Patrol. According to this bloke the boss's setup is an Eaton M90 on a CAPA manifold. This bloke also reckons his mate has an AU with an M90 also on a CAPA manifold. I said to him that CAPA don't have that stuff on their website, he says "phone CAPA and ask them, they have all sorts of s**t not on their site. Not cheap though (surprise!)". I might give them a call Monday.

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:50 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

For anyone interested in supercharging with Eaton M90 blowers..... set up right, like anything else..(even turbo's).. they perform very hard, an like all the experts say, for STREET use, you cant go past the likes of Eaton, Whipples an the Ken Belles, if your a serious racer that DRAGS his car on the strips, then the turbo is the way to go, check out what this guy did with a couple of M90s an was hitting the low 10's A TURBO is NOT BETTER, it all depends on what your gonna use it for, a turbo is NOT the ANTS PANTS... if it was, why are some car manufacturers using BOTH for..??....................http://www.toohighpsi.com/SCTC/sctc.htm

Denim (BAXR6) nothin like a couple of Eaton M90's on, to show whos BOSS....

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:48 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

oooopss!!... try this... http://www.toohighpsi.com/SCTC/sctc.htm

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Sheesh here we go!! Turbo v's blower ....
Both good...Too many variable's to compare...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:21 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

EBXR8380 wrote:
Sheesh here we go!! Turbo v's blower ....
Both good...Too many variable's to compare...

Nahhhhh.... my IDEAL performance car would have BOTH Turbo AND Supercharger in it.. :lol: ..

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 8  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next