Fordmods Logo

TJB45's updated Turbo project 

Page 3 of 5 [ 70 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

Its just to go between the end of the fuel rail back to the regulator. I had the fittings, and the regulator has -10 fitting in it, so I figured I might as well use the stuff that’s already there. I just didn’t have any fuel line to go between them. I only need like 600mm of it, but there is absolutely no one in Albury/Wodonga that stocks it. I suppose that’s the draw back from living in the country...

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

http://www.autocables.com.au/

Ill probably use these guys for my new throttle cable. I want to run it the same as you do.

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

The rocker cover looks pretty damn shmick tim. bad luck about the parts not showing up in a timely fasion tho. hope it all comes together without any hicupps.

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Well I spent the weekend polishing the plenum, and the top and bottom of a EB thermostat housing, its a pig of a job but they all came up really well, I'll have to take some photos. Then I broke the bottom half of the thermostat housing fitting the temp gauge, not happy :(

So I moved on to fitting my nice new billet crow cam. I grabbed a standard EF cam to make sure the new cam was the right thing (been caught with that before), lined them up next to each other and all look fine. Then went to put it in the head. You wouldn't believe it but the damn thing doesn't fit. The front locating ring is .3mm too thick to fit in the grove in the head. Not happy at all..
Especially after they already sent out the wrong one to start with, then it took 1 1/2 weeks for this one to show up, and now the damn thing doesn't fit...
Anyway so the cams getting shipped back tomorrow.

I tell ya what, I think I've got the worst luck out of anyone I know..

So I'm sure I’m going to miss out on the Autofest now, I'm a little disappointed, as I would of loved to support an event like that in my home town, but I suppose there will always be next year..

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Its karma coming back to bite you.

If you need a hand with anything let me know ill make some time.

in other news i dented the front end of my car the other day. luckily its just cosmetic damage but it serves me right for not looking where the front of the car was going while reversing

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Still not to much progress to report.
My new new cam showed up, and it fits perfectly.
I'm still waiting for the MSD DIS4 to show up.. its been about a month now..
I've made up a bracket for the MSD coils to sit on, which moved them to a little close to the spark plugs. I will have some nice short leads now :D

I'm still looking for ways to hock up an Idle controller. I've seen one on an injected V8 in a VK the other day which would be perfect. It was just a nice small block with a external outlet to for the air to bleed in..
I've done heaps of searches but cant find what it was off. I think I'll be dropping into a lot of wreakers over the next week to find something suitable.

I've ordered a PWR expansion tank from my very helpful local REPCO store.
I just need to make up something to replace the windscreen washer bottle.
And I think by then I’ll be sick of polishing and cleaning things…

Here’s a few pics of what its looking like at the moment..

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

you can buy these idle control valves. just need a hose from before throttle body and 1 from plenum. not sure were to get them tho. i think ebs_4l has one on his, so he would know.

Attachments:
fordvalve.jpg
fordvalve.jpg [ 12.95 KiB | Viewed 145 times ]

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

XF valves are similar to that.

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb falcon

SA, Australia

correct dan, because thats what they are, they are from an XF EFI

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

hows the progress tjb45?

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Is the XF idle control a stepper system ???
I'm having issues with ecu controling ISC on V8....

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

the valve is same principle as the 4l and v8 valve, just got hoses on it. Which is a linear 2 wire solenoid running on a pwm output, i run mine at around 150hz i think, ill have to check

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Not much to report.
Still waiting on the DIS 4 igniter to show up, according to the USPS tracking number it was dropped off at the post office on the 6th of feb, then it left America on the 2nd of March. Where the hell it is now I don’t think anyone knows. And why it took so long to leave America is a bit weird also..

I've sacked the idea to mount the Coil Pack near the rocker cover, and moved it back to the guard, And also ordered some 9mm ICE Leads.

I've ordered a 3 meter accelerator cable, it should be here early this week.

The windscreen washer bottle was taking up room where I needed to mount a few things, so I've modified one to sit in the area behind were it used to be. Then made up an alloy plate to hide it, and to mount the boost controller and idle air controller on.

A few more small things have been polished, and I've put a PWR expansion tank in. Which I have to say I'm not very impressive with. For the money, it isn't made all that well. And it doesn't fit, it fouls on the shock tower.

I picked up my wastegate from Geoff at Snort, The last time I changed the spring in it, I must have pinched the rubber diaphragm, which had started to rip. Geoff kindly replaced the diaphragm and also sorted out a more appropriate spring for me.

So... At the moment I'm really been held up with the igniter not showing up, hopefully I'll get some more info on its whereabouts this week.
A few T-bolt clamps and hose fittings, and I'll have 99% of the under bonnet stuff competed.

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

have you checked clearance on that front r/cover breather fitting??

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yer, It'll rub on the material under the bonnet, but theres not much else I can do. I cut down the fittings as much as I could to get it lower.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next