Fordmods Logo

turbo EA project 

Page 6 of 10 [ 137 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Ok, I have to plumb the screamer in to the system now, its very loud!

Mucked around with the tune today and its now reaching 10psi on full throttle with no detonation, but its still alittle rich but I'll have that sorted on the dyno.
Still need to play with the tune at around 2000 rpm to 3000 as it hunts alittle on cruise but I'll smooth that out tomorow.
Blew an intercooler join, just came off as the clamp wasnt too tight, so an easy road side fix there.
The auto is showing signs of wear, this morning it was slow to change into second and tonight it slipped alittle into 2nd on full boost. I have an oil cooler so I will hook that up on the weekend, I can feel the auto heating up on the floor.

Very happy with it now, feels very strong and doesnt feel like it wants to stop! Gives some tasty wheel spin into 2nd... through the LSD :D

The exhaust manifold seems ok for now, so I will leave making a new for awhile... untill I need to anyway.

:D

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BOXCAR (Not some sorry ass EF/EL

QLD, Australia

Sounding pretty good dude. Where did you get your injectors and pump? They are the only parts Im yet to aquire for mine. Should have the ecu tommorow and turbo kit by the end of the month (being made as we speak). Intercooler and oil catch can were delivered today so Ive got a couple of things to play around with till the rest arrives. I look forward to seeing you on the road soon. :lol:

The artist formerly known as seton005 (and allegedly The_Murph).

When I was growing up, we were so poor we could'nt even afford to pay attention.

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Pump off Ebay...$169 new, injectors I got s/h off a forum.

Great to see some more turbo falcons in the build... they just respond so well to some boost :)

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Believe it or not some hair spray on those cold joins holds them together, but not that strong they are hard to get off...
Prevents them blowing off...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Cheers, thats good to know. The joiner that kept blowing off was the hot one into the intercooler. Its a 3in to 2.5 reducer I got from the states via ebay... crap stuff as its poor qual rubber and doesnt grip anywhere near as good as all the other silicon joiners, I'll get an new 3to 2.5 in silicon this time.

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I was refering cold as in not exhaust side...Lol....
I guess the pre i/c is warm side.??? haha...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

haha, yeah thats what i call hot side... 80 deg in 30 deg out of the cooler.

Im quite suprised at how well this intercooler works, inlet temps have been very low... not bad for a 300 buck cooler

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

How difficult did you find the wiring? Im possibly buying an EB ghia with decent panels what will cop a spray job and need to transfer everything over. :(

The wolf is my only worry, Im getting a worked bottom end for this car so the engine has to come out anyway.

How is the car running now? Is it nearly ready to see a dyno?

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Wiring it up wasnt too hard, a bit of figuring out what wires where what but now I look back its pretty straight forward.

Yeah its allmost time for the dyno, I just want to smooth the fuel side out some more and I need to fix the charging problem... it fluctuates between 14 odd volts and 13, I wont dyno it until its stays on 14.4volts.
Starting to get wheelspin through the LSD on boost and some change ups from 1st.

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:10 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

alright, alright, you love it, we heard you... :lol:

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Did I forget to say it friggggin awesome too... :D

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well todays hot weather proved to cause the old girl some lag at the traffic light derby... Mr VTSS ute took some car lenghts to catch upto this time....

So at idle after sitting at the red light for a few minutes the intake temp got upto 45deg (last night it was sitting on 25) which was the cause of the lag... thought I was driving a sigma for a minute there, then boost kicked in and all was happy again, but, I will now look into making a decent high flowing cold air intake and fully sealed pod filter instead of the little commodore air box I use at present.
Also going to put in a manual boost controller tonight and take it up from 10 to 12psi... maybe a bit more if it doesnt detonate

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EA Falcon

QLD, Australia

CHEF wrote:
Also going to put in a manual boost controller tonight and take it up from 10 to 12psi... maybe a bit more if it doesnt detonate

You know that if it doesn't detonate, you're going to keep winding up the boost... 8-)

I'm amazed that its been running so well so far, I would've thought that it would've been pinging by now.
Just goes to show what a good homemade setup does. Keep those updates coming in.

1989 EA Falcon MPI (Converted! YAY!)
2.5" Sports System, Lowered, Thermofans, XG Snorkel
Result: 108.4rkw (145hp)

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

wadi wrote:
I'm amazed that its been running so well so far, I would've thought that it would've been pinging by now.
Just goes to show what a good homemade setup does. Keep those updates coming in.

Absolutely!!! To say she hasnt been on the dyno yet and is providing reliable motoring at 10psi... it's been great watching it all come together.

Chef, cant go past a pod filter in the inner guard. Get a holesaw or drill a s**t of holes... bung a bit of plumbing through it, mount up a bracket for the pod and hey presto.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

cheers guys, I think I'll keep it at 10psi until I get a new fuel reg and sort out the timing... timing is still as per ford, I'll set up the wolf to run it maybe after the first dyno.
Ive learnt alot about the wolf just by fiddling with it and whatching the AR guage. Ive worked away at each load point until it drives smooth and have spent a few hours each night tuning it on WOT... to say Ive freaked out all my passangers is an understament hehe.

Auto is still holding up, though it groans on 1st to 2nd at 5000rpm but all still smooth changing. Driveshaft is sounding alittle clunky so I'll get under it and see whats the go. Diff is fine.

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 10  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next