Fordmods Logo

Turbo Selection 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Haha, nah just being a tool man... but now someones gonna put a pic up of one of those cheap a** ebay turbos that had glued together comp housings

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:20 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

I'd be very interested in the difference in lag between the gt35/40 and the to4z on a stock 4.0l. I have a split pulse manifold and the to4z looks like a better option for my manifold, unless you can get a gt35/40 with a t4 split pulse turbine housing.

Anyone had any experiance with these 2 turbos on a 4l?. If the lag was minimal between the two i'd be tempted to get a to4z.

Cheers

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Dont worry about lag on a 4lt with these turbos... bigger turbos are spooling well on Eseries car

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:25 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

CHEF wrote:
Dont worry about lag on a 4lt with these turbos... bigger turbos are spooling well on Eseries car

Cool looks like i'll be looking out for a to4z with a 0.96 or 1.0 turbine wheel. That should get my old xf moving. :)

Post subject: MasterPower gt37 Lotsa Questions
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:12 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BF F6 Rspec, XF Panelvan 460 v8

Power: 367 rwkw

New Zealand

I have been offered a Masterpower GT37 Turbo for $1400 NZD. Has anyone had any experience with these on the EF XR 6 or any other 4 litre . The AR is 0.63 with p trim, it uses 58mm compressor inducer .

As I am new to this all except for my sons GF8 WRX running a standard TD04 and apart from reading these forums for a couple of days I have no real experience with Turbos. I was wandering if anyone has any idea of the spec I just wrote is and the impact it all has, is there any good reading on what P trim is, what AR ratios mean and wheel sizes make what difference somewhere :?:

The Aim is to have a tractable 250 to 300 RWKW for weekend only use on 98 octane. I would probably source one of Snort Performances Manifolds, unless I consider making one myself. Not sure what size waste gate, Air to Air IC, 3 inch plumbing, and Prolly an aftermarket ECU. Already got the Iridium plugs.
Suggestions welcome.
like fuel pressure reg, bigger fuel pump , larger injectors, BOV, CAI.
I already have No CAT 2.5 " sports exhaust with only one muffler (it never came with one from the NZ factory... honest) is it big enough diameter:?:

BF MkII F6 R Spec Typhoon, 6 spd Manual , Conquer blue and loving it...also xf panelvan 460 v8 FG G6ET Interior

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Too small for 300wkws Bigmat... go for an exhaust AR of around 1.00

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:26 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BF F6 Rspec, XF Panelvan 460 v8

Power: 367 rwkw

New Zealand

Okay thanks CHEF
The Guy also suggested a T-60 with an AR of 1.00 too.
I started down that track initially after reading the forums but he reckoned the 1.0 AR was too big. He did mention he had built a 8 Litre V8 with too T-60's with 1.00 AR on the hot side ptrim turbines plus much larger compressors , he was producing 1400 HP at 5800rpm on that sized turbo as a pair, I want my horses at lower rpms if possible. and don't want that sort of power. but it is starting to make sense bigger copressor wheels more pressure, slower spool up times, is this basically how it works.

I'll have to quiz him about that one too.

Any other suggestions welcome. Thansk Again

BF MkII F6 R Spec Typhoon, 6 spd Manual , Conquer blue and loving it...also xf panelvan 460 v8 FG G6ET Interior

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

AR on To4Z can be smaller than GT3540 due to T4 size housing...I have two 61mm T3 sized turbo's with Exhaust AR of .63 and power / sool cames on at 3000 rpm with P trim turbine wheels.. With this combination the wastegate works better, as in alittle backpressure making wastegate the easier path... The t04z is around $100 more than GT3540 and approx 100 h.p more.... Its phisically a bigger turbo dispite A.R .....

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2