Fordmods Logo

Want to supercharge my 351w in F100 with bolt on kit 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Want to supercharge my 351w in F100 with bolt on kit
Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:55 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford F100 "82

WA, Australia

So I'm a newby to ford mods although I have read quite a few forums and found out most of the info before becoming a member.

A little intro into the effy:

She is a 1982 F100 short wheel base 2wd. After ripping out the very slow 5.7L olds mobile diesel donk and the tired old C4 out and replacing it with a nice new shiny 351W and reco C4 I found myself having to source all new accessories too.
I had to get a new clappa as the starter wasn't even close to being useable and also needed a complete ignition system and holley carb.
Radiator was rotten and entry and exit were on the wrong side... Cant fix, buy new one.
But what about aircon, alternator, power steering, pulleys, brackets, tensioners? They were all add on, after market, bits and none of it was ford.... Hmmm excellent

A friend of mine has three 70's effy's, two of which are doner trucks. " help ya self mate". "Cheers bud"
Ohh but they both have clevo's in em... Bugga!

Off to the wreckers. 1 f100 1983 but no motor...
After jumping under and over all kinds of blue oval retirees me and my mate mick found a lonely 2001 AUII 5L fairlane... With complete engine and accessories!!! Jack pot!!

No running 2 or 3 sets of v belts and bodgy lookin bracket hanging off everywhere, just three bolts in each head that hold each of the bracket that hold all of the accessories, spinning a single serpintine belt.
All we had to do to make it work is move the engine across 35mm towards the passenger side, get reverse rotation water pump to suite and get a set of thermos.
Done!!!

Because its 351 the brackets are slightly further apart and obviously a larger belt was than a normal auII belt.

So now you kno what I've done and how it is different from an exact auII setup I revert back to my question:
Can I use a bolt on kit such as a raptor sc kit with my AU bracket setup???
Unlike falcons I have miles of room everywhere, making placement extra easy.
The pipe work to the carby will be different.

What does the charger actually bolt to and where?

Does it use a separate belt drive?

Sorry if you think iv carried on a bit but any input would be much appreciated

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]