water injection kit 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: water injection kit
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 02 xls ute 347

SA, Australia

gday every body i was just wonering what advantages you get with a water injection kit with an N/A falcon i was thinking of getting one to stop my engione from detonating with out retarding the timing or decomping the head. im guessing mixing it with metho/alcho the injection kit would give it a bit more power

02 series 3 AU marline ute 5speed 347 stroker

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Yes it'd be better with alco or meth.

I think it'd be a better idea to sort out the ignition though, as it isnt a bandaid solution.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Sort ignition and fit some colder plugs ???
50/50 mix seems to work the best...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ED Falcon

SA, Australia

A serious/good meth/Alcohol water injection kit will set you back over $ 1000.00 and will take alot of experimenting to get right.

When I say serious I mean jets threaded and tapped in each manifold intake pipe.

Only a seriuos kit will do the job, your pump must be suitable for the meth/alcohol and must feed the jets under a fair bit of pressure to gain a fine mist.
Siphoning of the alcohol mix will also be an issue.

It would be cheaper to do as said above.

I post here cos the russian tank driver doesn't

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/index.html

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index ... ic=99196.0

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index ... c=105802.0

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=966585

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's

Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

mate those threads are top
cheers heaps
is any body running one of these kits?

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

i found another really good site if anybody is interested
http://www.coolingmist.com/pagedisplay. ... asvehicles

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:53 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU111 XR6 VCT Supercharged

QLD, Australia

You can build a system which works for cheaper. Jets tapped into plenum would work best, but strong pump, secure lines, check valve, decent tank and proper jet attached to air intake will do the job well.

My vehicle had the capa water injection system, which is crude. I've changed it this weekend....fitted a proper 0.6mm nozzle inside a metal itake bracket ($70 capa), wired in a solenoid instead of checkvalve($50), bolted and wired a shurflow pump under right had bumper ($120) and fed hoses into original capa water resovoir (which is actaully from a commodore wiper washer). This pump is high pressure (tuneable to 100psi), so produces a fine mist. So total cost of around $250. You could probably do it cheaper! Good luck.

FOR SALE! - Supercharged AUIII XR6 VCT, intercooled, T5, big brakes.... details in the 'For Sale' section - ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-supercharged-au-xr6-vct-series-iii-intercooled-rwc-rego-t114254.html

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Making an alloy tank for 50/50 mix so it can be boosted helps it keep up with boost...
Makes it boost referenced...

As in ZOOM 126 edition

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb falcon

SA, Australia

wont bother this guy, hes running N/A..

id be seriously looking for a better fix to the issue, dont bandaid a problem with a spray of water, trusting your engine to this bottle of water doesnt sound to safe to me... youd be spending money more wisely to install an ecu and tune the thing properly.. youd make more power and be a lot more driveable, the end rseult would be chalk and cheese to running water injection

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:27 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

Water injection is not well suited to NA, but can still produce useful results. I remember reading an article (Zoom or something?) where they fitted a kit to a high comp NA car, maybe integra type R, and advanced timing for more power. Made small but measurable gains. In the case of the EA, there may be better solutions to this problem, but with a decent kit fitted, you might be able to advance timing again for some more small power gains, while stopping the detonation. Not too expensive to have a go anyway. It will stop the detonation, as nothing is more effective than atomised water at this.

FOR SALE! - Supercharged AUIII XR6 VCT, intercooled, T5, big brakes.... details in the 'For Sale' section - ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-supercharged-au-xr6-vct-series-iii-intercooled-rwc-rego-t114254.html

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:43 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

water injection has benefits on all kinds of engines NA or forced induction we have a NA EF Fairmont I6 with a single spray nozzle tapped into the inlet plenum just behind the TB with a vacuum switch to engage the pump when the manifold vacum reaches 5Hg below this with no pump running the engine draws what it needs. This car is more economical and has increased in horsepower and torque and has seen an inlet air temp of 23 degrees on a 32 degree day on the dyno. water injection also helps decrease carbon build up

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

Some fighter planes of ww2 had water injection and it boosted them from around 1700 HP to over 2250HP (The ME 109E for example) and they were the high tech of the day.
Yes it's no band aid it's about producing HP.
A well sorted but basic Supercharger/turbo will be able to throw in a heap of advance and run cooler/cleaner and make up to 20% more power with 15% being about the normal gain,so say 250RWKW out to 287.5RWKW not a small gain.
Sounds good to me.
But he's right there are other ways to get an NA to get the get go,so the basics still apply good quality fuel always.
Heat management maybe wrap your headers to the collector or get a ceramic coating if you don't want to wrap 'em.Maybe both,i did.
A lower temp thermostat,ceramic coated pistons and dome,CAI,dry ice box,intercooler,vent/louvres in bonnet,go a bit rich under load there's a heap of things a clever young man like youself can work it out.

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:16 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

www.autospeed.com has done some really good water injection articles in the past couple of weeks. They ran WI in an NA hybrid and a turbo diesel. Gives a good idea of how to set up a system and costs involved also.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]