whats a best size turbo to run like typhoon on au engine 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: whats a best size turbo to run like typhoon on au engine
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF V8 Futura, 180sx

QLD, Australia

hey guys
ive been running for a few week with my turbo I6 falcon and decided i wanted to up the boost and get something that boost up a bit earlyer

anyone know the spec's on the new typhoon or old typhoon turbo??? my turbo to large and laggy so i want to get a smaller turbo and knock boost up as well some what roughly 12psi and maybe more in future.

i stripped my engine and got it in the shop getting rods and crack reinforced and all and new pistons and rings..

anyone know who sells head studs and a rough price. i would rather advoid tapping the block out to support a larger bolt but if i got to then i do.

also what pistons is everyone using??? and how much roughly????

Thx Jason

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Post subject: Re: whats a best size turbo to run like typhoon on au engine
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

Xflow wrote:
hey guys
ive been running for a few week with my turbo I6 falcon and decided i wanted to up the boost and get something that boost up a bit earlyer

anyone know the spec's on the new typhoon or old typhoon turbo??? my turbo to large and laggy so i want to get a smaller turbo and knock boost up as well some what roughly 12psi and maybe more in future.

i stripped my engine and got it in the shop getting rods and crack reinforced and all and new pistons and rings..

anyone know who sells head studs and a rough price. i would rather advoid tapping the block out to support a larger bolt but if i got to then i do.

also what pistons is everyone using??? and how much roughly????

Thx Jason

the old typhoon turbo is pretty much a Garrett gt3540 with a .50a/r compressor housing and internal gated 1.06a/r rear housing.

arp do head studs for these motors now, atomic also do them, they are around $340 for the set.

cp pistons are common, they are around 1200-1500 for a set.

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:18 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU111 XR6 VCT Supercharged

QLD, Australia

Jason, as above re: headstuds. I rang Atomic two weeks ago and they had several kits in stock.

I ended up going with ARP, but they had to come from America and took one week to arrive. My feeling was that they have an established reputation and are worth the wait....were around $100 cheaper as well.

FOR SALE! - Supercharged AUIII XR6 VCT, intercooled, T5, big brakes.... details in the 'For Sale' section - ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-supercharged-au-xr6-vct-series-iii-intercooled-rwc-rego-t114254.html

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8

NSW, Australia

Hey,

What type and size turbo you got??? Who made the manifold and what size tube/pipe is it?? I would suggest, that if it is somewhere in the order of 1 1/2", that you go down to 1 1/4" for part way. This will increase the exhaust velocity heaps and spool the kent up a bit quicker. Unless of course you have a massively oversized one for the I6, then i guess you have wasted some money. General consensus, is that about 0.7A/R on the compressor, and 0.8-0.9A/R on the turbine, gives a good balance of power and how quick it comes on.

I am no expert.

Cheers

Daz

BA XR8 Boss 260
DAZFAB......Now Mobile
Mink = GAY
DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DA22LE, XTT909, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN, SWC, FAT245

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF V8 Futura, 180sx

QLD, Australia

JoeXR6 wrote:
Jason, as above re: headstuds. I rang Atomic two weeks ago and they had several kits in stock.

I ended up going with ARP, but they had to come from America and took one week to arrive. My feeling was that they have an established reputation and are worth the wait....were around $100 cheaper as well.

how much did they quote you on the studs???
Thx Jason

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:02 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU111 XR6 VCT Supercharged

QLD, Australia

Jason, just got the bill today....had a fair bit of work done. This is the item on my bill: ARP HEAD STUD HIT - EB-AU 1.00 296.25 KIT 26.93 296.25.

So, $296.25 incl. GST. Not that far off the Atomics, I thought they might be a bit cheaper. Should be a solid product though.

Joe

FOR SALE! - Supercharged AUIII XR6 VCT, intercooled, T5, big brakes.... details in the 'For Sale' section - ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-supercharged-au-xr6-vct-series-iii-intercooled-rwc-rego-t114254.html

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

T04Z is 100 h.p more than GT35/40 has T4 size flange..
External gated though...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]