Fordmods Logo

XR6 turbo stock BOV or aftermarket? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: XR6 turbo stock BOV or aftermarket?
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:49 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hi,

this is my first post so bear with me..

I bought an XR6 Turbo and it has a standard Blow off valve but its not plumbed back into the system. Someone stuck a monza filter on the end of the blow off valve so it vents into the atmoshere and has blocked off the other area which goes into the intake.

Is it better to buy a proper Blow off valve that is designed to vent into the atmoshere or retain the standard BOV.

Also the car is running 14psi, does the standard BOV leak boost or are they designed to hold such boost??

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T

the monza filter on the stock bov is common, it wont do it any harm i dont reckon, but it u want something that sounds more bov like, get something like a Turbosmart Dual Kompact or a GFB Stealth FX, both of these slot straight in to where the stock bov is, and will give u a nice pttsschh sound.

if u like u can plumb the std bov back in, which will make a quiet flutter noise. at 14psi the stock bov shouldnt leak, bov choice all depends on what sound u want for your car...

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

I think you could get pinged by the coppers if they catch you with a bov venting to atmosphere, although this doesn't seem to stop countless riceboys across the country, so I'd be keeping a plumb back bov. The standard factory one is fine, mine hasn't had an issue at 13psi and I like the fact that my car doesn't need a tissue every time I lift off the throttle. :)

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]