Fordmods Logo

XR6T Fuel pump- How to Check it 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

hey does anyone know if this could be because of the fuel maybe evapourating or something cos it doesnt seem to do it as much/at all when i am first driving it but once it gets some heat soak into it then it does.... i have just been thinking about it thats all

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Post subject: Re:
Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

*EDIT* wrong thread

Post subject: Re:
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:13 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

BFXR6T wrote:
coryu1 wrote:
BFXR6T wrote:
Sorry folks, but the only way to do this PROPERLY is to hook up a pressure and flow gauge.

Whats your reasoning for using a pressure AND flow gauge? The way I see it, if the fuel pump cant keep up then the pressure will drop...

Both the pressure and flow are important factors, you cant have one without the other.

Take it to a decent shop and they will have a pressure and flow gauge. There may be a blockage that gives pressure but no flow.
May be running C/C injectors with a tune and then will have big flow with low pressure.

I respect you view point though.

not sure what you mean a blockage that gives pressure but not flow? i mean it makes sense when thinking theoretically, but real world, if you have a fuel pressure gauge on the rail, which is what is being suggested, any blockage in the supply line would still give low rail pressure under load, and any blockage in the return line would give high pressure across the board.

griffo, vapour lock doesn't really exist in a return EFI system, because fuel is constantly circulating from the tank, I'd say that would be more something do with how your tune is changing with coolant and air temp...
If it's playing up, don't get up it man, on a BA bottom end all it takes is one lean out and you are walking home.

get it on a dyno and have it checked out asap.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2