Fordmods Logo

302 EFI timing mark? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: 302 EFI timing mark?
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8 220 Manual

Hi guys,

I am doing a major service on my EL XR8 series one that i just bought, I have installed new plugs, leads, rotor, cap and coil and now want to check the timing. i put the car in diagnostic mode and checked the timing but it wasnt easy to make out the timing mark, there was a white out mark on the crank which liked up with the assumed timing reference and it lined up.

my question is is the flat edge on the bracket on the drivers side of the harmonic balancer the timing marker? also what does the timing marker on the balancer look like? there is nothing obvious on it except for this white out mark and i cant be sure its correct?

Post subject: Re: 302 EFI timing mark?
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lots, all Fords

New Zealand

The balancer has the normal Ford timing scale graduation marks (10° ATDC - 30° BTDC from memory) stamped into it. The pointer is at the highest end of timing bracket, closest to the engine centreline. It has "TIME" stamped into it right next to where you line it up. You probably need to clean the timing tab and balancer to clearly see the marks.

XA Faimont 351C, AU2 XR8 Manual 5.0, DA LTD 5.0, Mk1 Capri 5.0, 1995 Mustang 5.0, EF2 XR8 Manual, EF2 Fairmont Ghia 5.0, AU3 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Manual Ute, TE Cortina 5.0 Manual, DU LTD 5.0 soon to be manual

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]