302 Windsor carby 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: 302 Windsor carby
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

I'm just wondering what a good sized carby to use on a fairly stock 302W would be? I'm not sure exactly what I'll fit the windsor to yet, so I guess it's a hard call (will probably end up in a Falcon though) but what do you guys think?

Gab

Post subject: Re: 302 Windsor carby
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: AU2 XR8 ute & 91 EA bitsa

VIC, Australia

A 500 or 600 Holley

AU2 XR8 with Raptor VL, ported Yella Terra GT40P heads, Scorpion 1.6 RRs, XE264HR-14 Comp Cam, ceramic coated Hurricane Headers, 60lb injectors, Walbro 255, 200cfi cats, 3" exhaust & Snow Performance water methanol injection

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: XH Ute / AU3 V8 Wagon

QLD, Australia

Maybe have a look at the Holley 470cfm carbs, or the Quick Fuel 580cfm? I would go the Quick Fuel - much better piece, similar price to the old crappy Holley. No bigger than a 600 Vac for the little 302 though. My old XW went quite well with just a 350cfm two barrel, on the factory intake...

Good luck.
8-)

Yes, I own a Ute. No, I won't help you move!

EL Wagon Build Thread http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/sooty72-s-ef-futura-wagon-long-term-project-t90025.html
XH Ute Thread http://www.fordmods.com/post1138970.html#p1138970

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:02 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: AUII XR8 ute

VIC, Australia

Ive put many new holley 0-1850s on sbf's over the years and up until the last one on my built 351c in my bronco, they were always perfect out of the box except idle and squirter at the most.
The last one was never happy and totally crapped the bed going mega rich and only just made it home. I tried replacing everything ignition and fuel related, and went right through the carb with a million jet and squirter combinations and still couldnt get it right. I very quickly discovered that the 1850 has a built in secondary metering block, meaning changing secondary jetting becomes a very expensive and PITA job trying to source parts. After about $1000 in troubleshooting with new parts, I went with a Fitech and am now a convert on the idea of the efi carbs. If youre interested, I learnt a huge amount playing with it and driving it so can give you some pointers, otherwise, if you're after a "plug and play" solution, the 1850 holley is the go, just DONT dump your receipt. Expect to pay $500-$600 for the holley.

While I have no experience with QFT, edelbrock or BG carbs, one thing thats always scared me away is that local parts places wont have parts for them. Just my personal opinion though.

How many bears could Bear Grylls grill if Bear Grylls could grill bears?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]