Post subject: 5.4 potential
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

ive got an ba xr8 ute what do i need to do to run low 13's

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:13 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

supercharge it and maybe perhaps change diff ratios.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF XR8 & 2002 GSXR-1000

WA, Australia

That will get you into the 12s. If it doesn't, something has been/is being done wrong.

Talk to IN2XG. He has his running a 13.7 with a few mods.

The fast fun: Suzuki GSXR1000
The one I use when I can't use the fast fun: Blown EF XR8

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

exhaust, intake and flash tune should get you in the mid 13's. diff gears should garauntee mid 13.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

what prydey said is pretty much it. give craig a call at www.aussiecar.com and he'll look after you, he's got a nice ba xr8 ute and has some packages for em

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

check out the bpt motorsport website. they are a sponsor of this site. they do a cheap but effective cold air setup which gives you dual entry into your existing airbox. basically stock setup stays there and a xr6t snorkel is adapted in. if you are pretty handy with tools you can get yourself a snorkel for around $40 and then for about $4 at bunnings you can find all you need to adapt it to the airbox. workmate used metal gutter downpipe adapter and rigged that up himself. add a bmc filter and a 'powerpipe' from airbox to throttlebody and you will notice the difference. don't use k&n filter. that will rob you of power due to the way it is shaped and made. all this should only set you back around $350ish for decent intake.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Guys have been running 11 and 12 second passes in n/a Boss engined Falcons with only boltons for ages now.

Speak to Craig at ACE and Chris at Bluepower, or the guys from G&D. They both have track proven combos with customer cars...

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

NSW, Australia

I have made one pass that was down to 12.98 @ but the tune was pretty heavy on the fuel. With the current tune & accesories it produces 352hp at the wheels ,has decent economy & is very comfortable to drive (even in Sydney traffic), but I will admit ,it is pretty loud & induction roar is loud enough to drown out the stereo!, but I feel it would pull low 13's all day for less than $2500 of bolt ons fitted

IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Who did your tune Kenny?

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

kenny wrote:
I have made one pass that was down to 12.98 @ but the tune was pretty heavy on the fuel. With the current tune & accesories it produces 352hp at the wheels ,has decent economy & is very comfortable to drive (even in Sydney traffic), but I will admit ,it is pretty loud & induction roar is loud enough to drown out the stereo!, but I feel it would pull low 13's all day for less than $2500 of bolt ons fitted

i think you are leading people on here a bit kenny. you fail to mention that you have gt cams and heads(don't think they're diff to xr8 anyway) in there. if you add these to your list of mods it would be more than $2500. cams and tune on there own are about that. i realise yours came from factory like that but for xr8 owners to get near your sort of power for less than 2.5k is not quite possible.

not having a go. just pointing out that to get a xr8 into low 13's with bolt on's (including cams) will be closer to 4 - 5k. eg exhaust, extractors, cams, flash tune, diff gears etc.

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

NSW, Australia

xr8ute wrote:
Who did your tune Kenny?

I have edited a tune that was given to me ,not needing too much fine tuning was required as the car that got the tune done on the dyno was with almost identical mods too mine.
And you are probably right prydey, it may take a few more funds to achive a flat 13 sec 1/4, as I had an experience against a fairly stock looking BA XR8 ute last week, it seemed like a bit of a dog for low down power, and by the time it got going ,I was miles in front, even enough to give him a car or 2 head start just to see his face :lol: !
at the moment there is a kit available for the 260 to blow it and aprox 360kw with high 12's- low 13's for $4000
no offence was taken either champ, kenny

IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]