Fordmods Logo

6/71 blower on EF XR8 302 

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: 6/71 blower on EF XR8 302
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Sometimes when you fall asleep at the wheels you need a power pole to get you back in line. that's great news once you got hold of the product head office. :lol:

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Slick wrote:
XH5LWEPN wrote:
Had no dramas with Kenne Bell in the states, sent one e-mail got a reply straight away telling me to contact the Australian distributor (Bluepower), and the deal was done.

Should of told them about the piss poor service these wankers are doing to them... never mind, I'll provide them with a link to this thread so they can see the effects bluepower are doing to their product. can't have resellers with piss poor attitude who don't give a rats a*** on a product they are representing and the potential clients they are loosing...

word of mouth travels far and wide people. it'll either make, or break you!

I don't see anywhere in this thread where it's been said Bluepower have done anything wrong. Only people who've not recieved anything back from Kenne Bell, USA. Fair enough, if you send an email to someone and don't hear back, then you have every right to be p****d off. But, in my experience, sending emails to a lot of performance joints fall on deaf ears. It doesn't make it right as, in my opinion, customer service is key to a successful business.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

SA, Australia

I've been thing of doing this on the XR8 I have sitting in the shed.

Although I was going to use an injection plate.

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:17 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 1994 EF XR8

QLD, Australia

Yeah i have been looking at injection plates to use on it as well. Theres some nice looking ones out there.

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Scaffy wrote:
Slick wrote:
XH5LWEPN wrote:
Had no dramas with Kenne Bell in the states, sent one e-mail got a reply straight away telling me to contact the Australian distributor (Bluepower), and the deal was done.

Should of told them about the piss poor service these wankers are doing to them... never mind, I'll provide them with a link to this thread so they can see the effects bluepower are doing to their product. can't have resellers with piss poor attitude who don't give a rats a*** on a product they are representing and the potential clients they are loosing...

I don't see anywhere in this thread where it's been said Bluepower have done anything wrong. Only people who've not recieved anything back from Kenne Bell, USA. Fair enough, if you send an email to someone and don't hear back, then you have every right to be p****d off. But, in my experience, sending emails to a lot of performance joints fall on deaf ears. It doesn't make it right as, in my opinion, customer service is key to a successful business.
So what is your point?

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
Why waste ur time with old school technology when u have procharger which is kick a** gear.............

Old school gear for old school cars and every newer car with a blower hanging out dosent seem right.

No it doesn't. But why have a poorly packaged belt driven turbo for double the cost of a neatly packaged exhaust driven one.
Besides. How many people actually plan to use all of the available air that an F series procharger can flow?

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Slick wrote:
Scaffy wrote:
Slick wrote:
XH5LWEPN wrote:

So what is your point?

That you were making no sense... just sounded like you were whining 'cos you like the sound of your own voice. :lol:

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Maybe you should learn to read between the lines then join the dots to see the broader picture. do you want me to translate english to the english language so that you can understand english? :lol:

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
MICKYYYY wrote:
Why waste ur time with old school technology when u have procharger which is kick a** gear.............

Old school gear for old school cars and every newer car with a blower hanging out dosent seem right.

No it doesn't. But why have a poorly packaged belt driven turbo for double the cost of a neatly packaged exhaust driven one.
Besides. How many people actually plan to use all of the available air that an F series procharger can flow?

I dont know who would have a plan like that.

Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

TerroristGHIA wrote:
xcabbi wrote:
MICKYYYY wrote:

Brett

People with a fat cheque book maybe?

By the way mate, what's your take on this topic and the inquiry about having a 6/71 on a pre 85 model car, to much headache?
after all the bloke that asked the question did say he would only drive it on the w/end, so basically he may get away with a special interest registration. what I mean about that is cars that are modified but still have the right to drive on public roads. consider it being in the classic/modified category under the law.

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:01 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 1994 EF XR8

QLD, Australia

Turns out i spoke to the Engineer and he said if i can keep it lower enough and comply with the emissions and noise laws and run it with EFI as well as retaining the EGR, I can put a supercharger on my xr8.

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:23 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

In that case the easiest method would be to use a centrifugal blower. Easy to mount and they actually give a nice increase in VE from idle which allows easy emissions compliance and better fuel economy.

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Slick wrote:
TerroristGHIA wrote:
xcabbi wrote:
MICKYYYY wrote:

Brett

By the way mate, what's your take on this topic and the inquiry about having a 6/71 on a pre 85 model car, to much headache?
after all the bloke that asked the question did say he would only drive it on the w/end, so basically he may get away with a special interest registration. what I mean about that is cars that are modified but still have the right to drive on public roads. consider it being in the classic/modified category under the law.

Maybe in qld they might have some avenue open for him to do that but in NSW its basically "be a member of a hotrod club and drive a pre 48 vehicle, or drive at your own risk"

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Slick wrote:
Maybe you should learn to read between the lines then join the dots to see the broader picture. do you want me to translate english to the english language so that you can understand english? :lol:

More like Swahili. Sounds like the same code my missus speaks in! I thought that was just a woman's thing...

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
Slick wrote:
TerroristGHIA wrote:
xcabbi wrote:
MICKYYYY wrote:

Brett

Maybe in qld they might have some avenue open for him to do that but in NSW its basically "be a member of a hotrod club and drive a pre 48 vehicle, or drive at your own risk"

There are low profile 6/71 that complies with the law but it all depends on what you wanna spend on tinkering with fuel rails, injectors and lower mounting manifold.
best answer for our friend is he contact rocket industries directly on (02) 8825 1900 and inquire if the can source a custom made kit to fit, well if his heart is set on the idea of a 6/71...

Anyway, I would personally pick a couple of exhaust hair driers....

Scaffy wrote:
Sounds like the same code my missus speaks in!

And yet, you are still married to him...

Pakrat wrote:

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next