Fordmods Logo

a few questions on a 418ci stroker kits 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: a few questions on a 418ci stroker kits
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

VIC, Australia

im looking at getting one for my EB Ghia and just wondering how much head work would i need on the stock EB heads, compared to getting gt40's and doing head work on them, or just get some aftermarket?, coz in the end i'll go for whatever will be cheap, stock stroking out i couldn't use the stock heads as they are i don't think.

and talking about intake manifolds, do you think a AU intake will hold up alright? without to many probs, coz IMO i think the AU one should hold up fine..., enough to put a reasonable amount of power, i don't think it will hold it up to much.

4 cylinders are like chinese food, few minutes after you have them you just want more!

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Port std heads yourself or someone who'll do it nearly free as the heads are hardly worth it...Porting lower A.U inlet helps heaps also...Especially 1 and 5 ports on inlet....

If this is for a 400+ stroker? Forget about std Ford induction if you want power!!!
You"ll need 351 lower intake,as I assume this block is 351 deck height...
Edelbrock. TFS , Holley are better inlets.Though Holley faces drivers side, cannot be turned....75mm throttle body and maf calibrated with 30 Lp injectors...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: ebxr8

SA, Australia

if funds r limited you can get power plus intake manifolds 4 around $550,and get them match ported to suit what ever heads u use,these manifolds r suppose to be a copy of the edelbrock rpm at half the price.
check out there web site www.professional-products.com/sbfordv8.htm

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

EBXR8380 wrote:
Port std heads yourself or someone who'll do it nearly free as the heads are hardly worth it...Porting lower A.U inlet helps heaps also...Especially 1 and 5 ports on inlet....

If this is for a 400+ stroker? Forget about std Ford induction if you want power!!!
You"ll need 351 lower intake,as I assume this block is 351 deck height...
Edelbrock. TFS , Holley are better inlets.Though Holley faces drivers side, cannot be turned....75mm throttle body and maf calibrated with 30 Lp injectors...

and yes it could be for 400+ stroker, im not sure if im going 393 or 418 yet, but they are both pretty much the same price and i don't think there would be much difference between to, but enough to keep me happy with getting the 418 stroker kit :P

and i was thinking about 70mm TB and 75m MAF with Edelbrock intake manifold upper and lower if i was to go that far on buying aftermarket stuff, but im trying to keep it pretty stock looking, but i could get around that i guess..., maybe.
and yeah i understand about stock stuff on 400 plus, but i thought it might work with a bit of power going though it as they are pretty good manifolds from what i've heard.

but thinking about other plans i have i might be better going better intake manifold then the AU one.

i'll have to check things out.

4 cylinders are like chinese food, few minutes after you have them you just want more!

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ixlrate wrote:
if funds r limited you can get power plus intake manifolds 4 around $550,and get them match ported to suit what ever heads u use,these manifolds r suppose to be a copy of the edelbrock rpm at half the price.
check out there web site www.professional-products.com/sbfordv8.htm

well i can get the funds if needed thats not a problem, but if i don't need something im not going to bother i don't think..., depends what it is tho, like there are rumours i could go on NOS :D , and thats the main reason for the rebuild, but i want it hitting 200RWKW before that, but i need a engine strong enough to hold it (and yes i am aware of the limits on these blocks), and thats one easy way for get power / torque fast..., stroker it, so thats what im doing, then adding little things along the way that i need and might be good to replace/upgrade.

and about professional products yeah i've seen some of there stuff before for sale and i would consider them, but i'll have to work things out.

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

I've been doing a bit of research on this of late and for a stroker 351w your looking at about $8000, dont waste your time with any parts that work alright in a 5.0L combo cause they just wont flow enough, even gt40 heads wont flow enough.

You will also need a late model fuel injected motor to meet the adr's of your car and they are very hard to come by in australia I have already rang around, then there is the issue of the bonnet clearence but is easily fixed with a bonnet scoop

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

NSW, Australia

f**k off the heads & put on a set of clevo heads!!! I am keen on seeing the result as I know that it is possible to use an aftermarket manifold with plates or welded extensions to fit the efi I NEED A GUINEE PIG!!!
mmmmmmmm boss

IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah well i will agree the 351 clevo heads flow very very good, and love to do it, but i don't think i will, i wouldn't have a clue how to do all that stuff, but i have thought about it before.

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well it was worth a try! but I am still not going away from the idea as I am still seriously thinking about doing it myself, I have a set of clevo heads that will flow 600hp+ all I need is to use em!

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah well i am now going for a Scat 347 stroker with forged internals, should be fine i think, after a bit of head work, cam, intake manifold and stuff lots more going to be done but don't want to let all the little goodies out of the bag :D

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

you do know there is a cheaper alternative to a scat crank? a cast version is available for only $380 new, cast is as strong as you need on the street ,then you can spend the extra on good rods (5.4'') and top quality pistons, balancing etc.
Even the 4MA clevo crank is only cast and I have seen them handle 500hp+ and spin to 10,000 rpm ,no s**t

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]